Back To The Future

December 2115

"What the hell's happened here?"

Andrea was shocked to see the horrifying sights of Usrington City in 2115. She had expected the future to be similar to what she had seen two months ago, with the flying cars, billboards, and crowded population. But instead, she was greeted to a war-torn city, reeking of rotten flesh.

"This is how the future looks like?" quipped Lucy, "That's awful."

"That's funny," remarked Andrea, "The last time I was here, there were flying cars and tons of people crowding in the packed streets."

"Well, they're still here," remarked Lucy, "But I guess they don't work anymore."

Lucy pointed to the smashed car remains in flames lying at the side of the pavement. The car was burning fiercely as Andrea and Lucy moved to their right to avoid the after-effects of the storming of the Tifian headquarters.

"The people of the future have everything," remarked Lucy, "What could they possibly be fighting about?"

"They fought once, Lucy," said Andrea, "An android told me last time that there was a Time War."

"Time War?" quipped Lucy, whose eyes immediately gained interest, "What the hell is that?"

Before Andrea could answer her friend's question, a shell landed in her path. She screamed as she leapt to her left and hid behind some bricks for safety.

The shell exploded almost immediately, but luckily Lucy was able to dive away as well and obtain cover behind those bricks.

"What in God's name is going on?" asked Lucy worriedly .

"I don't know Lucy," said the breathless Andrea, "Something's going on."

"OOZMA KAPPAS, LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS! OR WE WILL FIRE!" hailed a loud, mechanical voice coming from a flying tank.

Andrea's eyes caught the sight of an army of androids marching in front of her. The white, chrome-bodied androids were carrying guns in their hand. Andrea crouched down to prevent herself from being seen by those androids.

"Lucy, get down," said Andrea urgently, "We can't let them see us."

Lucy paid no attention to Andrea's remarks. She continued looking at the androids who were scouting the war-torn streets for potential victims.

"LUCY!" said Andrea in an apprehensive voice as she pulled the girl towards her, "Get down."

Suddenly, Andrea and Lucy both heard a loud female scream.

"Why are you doing this to me?" yelled a woman, "I didn't do anything to deserve this."

Lucy slowly peered up from the bricks and saw the woman, who had a look full of worry and apprehension. Her eyes were inwards and her white hair shriveled, with her fair African face filled with blood and scratch marks.

"No exceptions," hissed one of the androids in the army, "You will have to die!"

The woman yelled for mercy, but her pleas were ignored by the androids. They immediately shot the poor old woman, who yelped in pain as her body exploded into pieces, with blood gushing everywhere.

"NO!" yelled Lucy who suddenly stood up from the blocks of bricks.

The androids turned their heads towards Lucy.

"You heartless piece of creatures!" yelled Lucy to the androids, "How could you ever think of killing-"

"Lucy, NO!" stood up Andrea suddenly.