Past Into Present...

December 2015

"Dr Khan, you're a really great scientist," said the African-American girl named Lucy Bloom to the Anglo-Indian scientist who went by the name Dr Gabriel Khan, "Your lab is fantastic!"

Andrea Walker chuckled at Lucy's words. She really knows how to dish out those praises. Everywhere she goes she praises people and tells them that she can never match up to their standards.

In an instant, Andrea realized that Lucy was the sweet and simple girl that had extended an olive branch when she was down a month ago. As she saw Lucy's giggling face, she remembered that she was really lucky to have someone like Lucy. Lucy had been the first person at her side to comfort her after Andrea suffered the most devastating news- Bridget's death.

Bridget Jones, Andrea's best friend since high school was the only girl that Andrea who ever bonded with. They did everything together, and even went to the Syfy Convention back in October 2015, the event that would change Andrea's life forever. It was only after Bridget was killed by the scumbag Tifian assasin, Ryan Beckman, that Andrea realized one thing; Maybe my love of science-fiction killed her. And ever since then, Andrea had not watched a single science-fiction film nor even read anything regarding science-fiction. She had only gone to Dr Khan's lab at his insistence, because he had wanted her to.

Andrea had been so reluctant to engage in a friendship with Lucy at first, but after a week, she realized that Lucy had something that Bridget didn't have. Lucy was dumber, yes, but she was loyal and opinionated.

The sweet simple girl who had comforted her months ago was now her best friend. Andrea had been so reluctant to engage with Lucy at first but she had realized her mistake.

"I'm glad you liked it Lucy," said the 48-year old scientist, interrupting Andrea's thoughts, "This is the product of my whole life's work."

"You must be a really hardworking scientist," said Lucy, "I don't think even Stephen Hawking could have these futuristic gadgets."

"Well, of course building all these took some time," said Dr Gabriel Khan

Andrea chuckled again at Lucy. You're calling all these futuristic? You haven't seen the TiMo, she thought.

"Dr Khan is also a great person Lucy," said Andrea, "He made me put the pain of Bridget behind me. Thanks to him, we're best friends." Andrea hugged Lucy as Dr Khan smiled.

"Finally you're happy again," said Dr Khan, "I thought you'd never be."

"I thought so too Dr Khan," said Andrea, "But you helped me a lot."

Dr Khan smiled again.

"Lucy is a great friend Andrea," said Dr Khan, "Although she can be dumb at times."

"Do I ever?" asked Lucy, "Why, that was only a one-time thing Dr Khan!"

"What do you mean Dr Khan?" asked Andrea, "What's Lucy done?"

"She thought that Dr Gabriel and Dr Khan were two different people," said the Anglo-Indian scientist, who was given a look of displeasure by Lucy.

Andrea laughed, "Oh come on Dr Khan! Surely, that's not even a catalysmic problem! We've endured worse, haven't we?"

Realizing that Lucy was with them, and unaware of their previous travails, Dr Khan gave Andrea a look, which amounted to "Zip it!"

"Worse?" asked the suspicious Lucy.

Andrea stammered, and eyed Dr Khan for his help. Thankfully, the scientist managed to cook up an excuse, "She's saying stupid stuff Lucy. Just ignore her."