Chapter 1 - Never Let Go

Oviya's POV:

April 12th, 2012:

'I love you Jack.'

He takes her hand.

'No... don't say your good-byes, Rose. Don't you give up. Don't do it.'

'I'm so cold.'

'You're going to get out of this... you're going to go on and you're going to make babies and watch them grow
and you're going to die an old lady, warm in your bed. Not here. Not this night. Do you understand me?'

'I can't feel my body.'

'Rose, listen to me. Listen. Winning that ticket was the best thing that ever happened to me.'

'It brought me to you. And I'm thankful, Rose. I'm Thankful.'

'You must do me this honor... promise me you will survive... that you will never give up... no matter what
happens... no matter how hopeless... promise me now, and never let go of that promise.'

'I promise.'

'Never let go.'

'I Promise. I will never let go, jack. I'll never let go.'

What did he say? Heard the same dialogue years back. What it is with these heroes saying the same thing while dying. Confused? I meant my dad. He said the same dialogues to my mom 15 years ago while he was about to die. Now he is no more. The fact that my dad is not with my makes me think about the miserable life I am leading so far. I don't want to think about it now. I came here to take a break from all the dramas going on.

I have come along with my besties Kaviya, Maya and Navya to watch the movie Titanic 3D in the mall.

Oh no, Jack is dead. I hate when the story has tragic ending, but sometimes tragedies are apt for some stories. What do you say?

After the film, we went to coffee day to grab some coffee. What you do think four girls will do when get together? 1. Gossip 2. Check out handsome boys. What? Only boys should check out girls. Even girls do.(but I don't. Hey I am a good girl. No, it isn't appropriate to tell that, truth to be told is that I am weak in checking boys out) 3. Eating and finally 4. Speaking about general stuff, not like who is the president of America or India, it is just about our life dramas. We usually do all these things.

"You are so sensitive Maya. You were crying like baby." Kaviya mocked at Maya.

"Says who? The one who was crying for 'We are family', even after watching it for nth number of times." counter backed Navya.

These three are always like this, of course me too. That's why we are besties. But today my mind is shifted to two people behind us. A handsome *cough*ok no, good looking guy *cough* am I really checking out a guy. Oh what is happening to me? Oviya clear your mind.

The guy and a girl were sitting behind my table. They couldn't see me, but I could get a glimpse of them. Maybe they are lovers?

"Did you think about it? How are you going to impress her? First impression is the best impression. So don't spoil it," The girl scolded him.

Impress her? Then, aren't they lovers? Yeah Oviya keep on judging others . Can't a boy and a girl be friends? Very bad Oviya.

Poor boy, whom is he trying to impress, his crush? Let me continue to eavesdrop. It is not some secret they are speaking, so let me just listen to them. So for now shhhh.

"Hey. Oh, I have got an idea. I know how to impress her. She will surely fall for it and we will be friends. I will propose her, for which she will accept. Who can turn down someone as charming as me? Then we would get married, and have children. No, a child. One child is enough. After that I will be living a happy life with the love of my life. You see all these are going to happen one day," boasted the 'over enthusiastic boy' as if he were a fortune teller. 'Over enthusiastic boy' I just named him. It suits him.

"Ya ya, you keep on telling this, she will surely get married and have children, but definitely not with you . OK? So what is the plan? "

"For that I need your help, Sonya. You should tell me the time and place where she will be. So that I can implement my super plan."

"I gave all the details about her. Now it is your duty to prove your love. Don't rely on me always, " she paused and continued "Ok. What is your super plan, depending on that I will decide whether to help you or not."

"If you tell me the place and timings, I will go there and will sit beside her. Then I will a order a cup of coffee and to add salt instead of sugar. When she asks me why, I will tell that my family resides near the sea and whenever I miss them, I will add salt to my coffee and drink it. Surely she will get impressed and will feel for me. This is it. How is my plan?"

I burst out laughing which I turned it into a cough, as I don't want them to know that I am listening to them. 'Over enthusiastic boy' this is an old technique. He definitely stole this idea from some movie. If he goes in this pace, he will definitely be a laughing stock.

"Yeah, surely she will think that you have come straight from a mental asylum. Come on, can't you think something which is much better and impressive?"

"You see, she will definitely get impressed. Trust me on this. I know how important she is to me. I won't take my love so lightly. This is my life. So please trust me."

The boy is so into the girl he is trying to impress. Anyway All the best 'over enthusiastic boy'. Hope you live a happy long life with her.

Then I stopped listening to their conversation and diverted back to my table. Oh no, they are still talking about the climax of the movie, which is making Maya cry again and Navya seems like she is also going to join Maya.

"Girls stop. We saw the movie, enjoyed watching it and have cried, now we are here to eat. Stop crying ok?" I had to stop the conversation about it, else I will start crying thinking about my parents.

-------------------------------------------------------
How is the first chapter?
If you like please vote and comment your views about this chapter :-)