Chapter 5 - Pinky Promise

Oviya's POV:

April 14th, 2012:

Locket. It is exactly like the one my mom gave me. I can't be sure, as there are many such lockets available in market.

But didn't she say his name as Srinath? So Sri?

Now I could connect the dots. This Sri can be the one I met when I was six years old. I couldn't remember his full name because I used to call him as Sri.

He was in an orphanage. How come he has a sister? Maybe he was adopted?

He has changed a lot. He used to be shorter than me, now he is so tall. Now I can't tease him.

Old memories made me giggle.

They both turned back to look at me, then only I know that I have been giggling suddenly. They would have thought that I am insane. Great.

Is he still searching for me? If yes, then he would be keeping his promise that he will find me one day.

Could he recognise me? If so, then am I the girl he is trying to impress? If not then why should Sonya ask him to sit back along with me? It could be because she is trying to help him to impress that girl, which could be me. Wow. But on the other hand I can't be sure. What if he is some other Sri, and not my Sri.

Unless he take any step, I can't conclude any decision. So wait Oviya.

Seems like he is not going to speak, I will start the conversation. God! I have never made a move in these kind of situations. For me they always have been different species.

"Um, so what do you guys do?"

"I am building a firm on my own and he is working as a manager in a private bank." said Sonya proudly.

"All the best, Sonya for your business."

"You can call me as Sony. So, friends?" she asked cutely, how can one say no to her.

"Okay. Friends".

He seemed to be quiet. He used to be the chatter box. If he opened his mouth, he will never ever close his mouth but that was only with me. For others he was a reserved type.

Start the conversation Oviya.

"You seemed to be so quiet."

"Um..Actually.. "

"Actually he is afraid of you. You tried to break his hands right?" Sonya answered.

When I was small he was the one who trusted me. Now I broke his trust by trying to break his hand, Great. I regret for trying to hurting him.

When I was five, I longed for a father's love. On seeing his children along with their parents. Soon after Sudeep came I was on cloud nine. After that on every birthday of mine or of my parents we started to visit orphanage.

I used to speak to all, play with them except one person, Sri. That's how I came to know about him. He seemed to be alone always. I tried to speak to him, but he would never bother to respond. While leaving I saw him looking at my parents with longing, then I could understand that even he started to pine for parents and love.

From then onwards I asked my parents to drop by the orphanage every weekend. So that only I will be able to visit him and will not cause him any more longing for parents. After few days, he started to smile. He was so cute when he smiled. But he never spoke to me. He used to nod for whatever I ask. At start I thought he was shy. But as days passed it started to annoy me.