Chapter 18 - Nursing Her

Happy belated birthday sravs7. Really sorry for late update. I don't when I am going to post an update on any of my reader's update, it is either late or early, except one.

Recap

Akaash and Kaviya invite Sridar and Oviya to dinner as a celebration for their marriage. Oviya asks Kaviya to conduct a bachelorette party. Akaash, all of sudden proposes the idea of Sridar getting married to Oviya. Both Sri and Ovi are disappointed in Akaash's confession. Both of them leave the hotel. Later during the bachelorette party, Oviya gets a call from Kiruthika complaining about Sarah and asks her to come and get her soon. So Oviya asks Kaviya to drop her to the playschool as she couldn't find any cab near by. On the way they meet with an accident. Oviya calls Sridar and tells him that they have met with an accident

Sridar's POV:

I rushed to the place my cell phone showed. I started to panic. I didn't know why I am felt so, like my heart had been taken out of me. She is just my P.A, why would I feel like that? Maybe, it is humanity! Sridar, do you at least have a heart so that you can feel humanity? My inner voice asked me sarcastically. That's true. I don't have a heart, I lost it when I agreed to Sonya's demands, I lost it when I cheated on my Ammu, I lost it when I stood cold as a statue when Oviya was begging me to save her marriage for the sake of Sarah.

I called an ambulance in the meanwhile. I reached the destination, the scene I saw was heart breaking. I already lost my wife, and I didn't want to lose her too. Wait! Did I say that? Maybe I don't want Sarah to be alone. Yes, for Sarah, she should be alive.

The Ambulance too came; they took Kaviya and placed her on the stretcher. I opened the door and lifted her and rushed to the ambulance.

What is she doing to me? I called Akaash and asked him to come directly to the hospital. I explained to him about what happened. He also became tensed. He was worried because she is his fiancée, why the hell am I crying now?

Oviya was murmuring, I went near her to listen to what she was whispering. She was saying 'Sarah'.

What happened to Sarah? Where is she? Is she is also in the car. Before I could reach near the car and check, I heard her cell phone ringing. I took it from her hand, it was from the playschool. I attended it, "Please come fast Oviya. We can't control your daughter. She is crying."

I told her what happened, and said I will pick her up. Let me first take them to the hospital. There I saw Akaash waiting. Soon both were taken to the I.C.U. The Doctor asked the relationship, Akaash said Kaviya is his fiancée. Then the form showed three check boxes. Father, brother, husband. No other option, I chose husband. Again I am cheating on my Ammu.

I said to Akaash and went to the playschool to pick Sarah.

"Hey, do you remember me? That day you and I were playing in the park." I explained to Sarah. Irony of my life, I am explaining who I am to her. Sri, don't think about that. The past can't be changed. I sighed and waited for her to come with me. "I am angry on you" she said by pouting her lips. She looks cute, just like her mother. What am I saying? I mentally slapped myself.

"Why cupcake?" I ruffled her hair.

"You didn't call me. I was waiting for your call." she said, her eyes became teary. I wanted to hug and say I want to be with you, but I controlled myself.