Chapter 22 - Other Side Of The Coin

The Entire Recap:

Oviya was working as waitress in a café where her college friends with their partners, accidentally see her. Akaash (Kaviya's fiancée) offers her a job in his friend's company. Oviya accepts and goes to the company only to face her worst nightmare Sridar. She wants to refuse the job, but she thought that it would hurt Akaassh, so she reluctantly accepts it. Sridar, on the other hand, pities her, as she is a single mother and also feels guilty for her state. He vents out his anger on her once but regrets it later. Oviya learns about Sonya's death. Sridar gets closer to Sarah first, without knowing that she is his daughter, but when he learns the truth later, he tries to avoid her, but his fatherly love for his daughter overcomes his reluctance. So he secretly meets his daughter without Oviya's knowledge but unfortunately they get caught red-handed to which he gets slapped by Ovi. Later Ovi complains to Akaash that she wants to resign the job, he asks what was going on between them both. Sri reveals that he was married to Ovi.

Present

Sridar's POV:

"I am, sorry, was Srinath. I faked my identity as Srinath. I faked my marriage with her, and faked my death and then I married your sister Sonya", I said to Akaash.

I felt ashamed of my actions, from the day I accepted the offer Sonya gave. I don't know how Akaash was going to take. I have no one by my side. My love, Sonya is dead. I didn't want Akaash to leave, that's why I hid the whole truth. I knew he will leave me in my miserable life. He was the one who always supported me, guided me when I was lost.

Because of my actions, I lost my love, now I was going to lose my friendship too.

"Why?" he whispered. This must have been a shock to him

I didn't have the guts to look at him. He would feel disgusted by me. This is not the Sri he knew.

"For Sonya" I whispered. I avoided looking into his eyes. Maybe he was glaring. No one could tolerate the angry Akaash.

"Why did my sister come between you and Oviya?" he yelled.

"She asked me to do that!"

"Care to elaborate?"

It was better to tell him the truth. Hiding the truth from the only person whom you trust is bad.

"Do you remember the time when you said you found my Ammu?", I asked him.

I used to share everything with him. We were college buddies. Soon after Ammu left, I never befriended anyone, until I met him. He became my best friend. Soon he came to know about my Ammu. He promised me that he will find her for me. Just as he promised me, he found her.

"Yes. I remember, but I asked you to wait till I introduced you to her!" he said.

I frowned. Yes, he did ask me to wait. But till now I didn't know why he asked me to.

"When you said my Ammu was none other than your sister, I couldn't hold myself. I know you asked me to wait, but I couldn't, because after you revealed it to me, you left India for your mother's treatment. So I didn't want to disturb you, I went to meet your sister. The first time I met your sister, she was with your father. Then I followed her wherever she used to go."

Call me a stalker, but I did want to know whether she was still waiting for me. I didn't know whether she remembered me or forgot me. As long as she was single, everything was good.