Chapter 8 - First Impression is...

Oviya's POV:

January 12th, 2016

Ullam Endrum Eppothumm
Udainthu Pogha Kudaathuu
Enna Intha Vaalkai Endra
Ennam Thondra Kudaathuu
Enntha Manitha Nenjukkull
Kaayam Illei Sollungall
Kaalapokil Kaayamellamm
Mareinthu Poghum Maayanghall
Uzhi Thaangum Karkhal
Thaaney
Mannmeethu Silaiyaaghumm
Vali Thaanghum Ullam
Thaaney
Nileiyaana Sugham
Kaanumm
Yaarukillei Poraadamm
Kannil Enna Neerodamm
Oru Kanavu Kanugal,
Atha Thinammuyindraal
Oru Naalil Nijamaaghumm

(One should not have the feeling of "What is this
life?" Tell me, which human heart is not hurt or injured?
(Which human heart do not have lacerated feelings?)
It is a Charm (magic), that these feelings will vanish in the
course of time.
Only the rocks which bears the chisel
becomes a sculpture on the earth.
The heart which bears
the pain only finds the lasting gaiety. Who doesn't have
struggles (hurdles, hindrances, impediments)?
Why does the water flow (tears) from your eyes?
If you have a dream and work towards achieving it every day you will accomplish it one day )

I woke up hearing the motivational alarm ringtone. Again after a long time, for the past two nights, I didn't have any nightmares. I couldn't tell whether it is for good or bad. It should be bad, because I am going to face nightmares, who else besides that devil in the office.

Today is my first day. First impression is the best impression. Aha, as if this is the first time both of us are meeting? 'I mean I don't even know what is the job of a P.A? How am I going to work?' I should have thought this before. Whatever, I should get ready and get Sarah ready for her new playschool.

I took her to the playschool, I gave the permission letter the day before itself.

"Ma, why here? What happened to that playschool? I like that one. Will my friends be here?" she asked with teary eyes.

I never thought about this. Change of environment will affect children. I only thought about the money and took this job, never thought about her environment .

"You will find new friends here Sarah. I will be here only, working in that big building. During lunch I will come here. Okay?" I said and kissed her cheeks.

She smiled, a real smile, with cute dimples on both cheeks, which is an exact replica of her father. Her smile is what for I have been longing for. Sorry dear, I couldn't provide enough attention for you. I am such a bad mother.

I left her and entered the devil's office. Don't call your boss as devil. He asked us to maintain the professional relationship, then there shouldn't be any hard feelings.

Didn't I say my mind voice is so mature enough which is always ready to pinpoint every mistake of mine.

I took the private lift and got into the floor where his cabin is located. I checked the time, seems like I am early. Good Oviya, otherwise I can't handle his advise on time management. I knocked the door, heard the approval from other side.

I entered his cabin, he saw me and diverted his attention to his laptop.

"Ms. Oviya, in the computer on your cabin, you will have files related to my schedules, remind me of the meetings prior. My previous P.A has sorted all my important clients in order, with their full details. You just have to direct the call according to the priority. I will mail you any other work you need to do. Any doubts, call me. You may leave now."