Chapter 6 - Choices

Oviya's POV:

January 9th, 2016

Akaash left me all alone with this devil. Yeah Oviya, you have to work with him, what are you going to do?

I better reject this job offer. I can apply some where else. But, wouldn't it be like insulting Akaash? It's better that I will go with what 'the boss' says. I don't think that he will appoint me. But wouldn't it hurt his friend Akaash? But he doesn't bother about who gets hurt for his action. He is such a cold-hearted fellow. Akaash did say the truth that he is arrogant.

"Ms.Oviya", he does have guts to say that. Isn't it mean? One way or the other I have to face him. I raised my face to find him staring at the glass wall again. Goodness, he himself turned around. Who will look at his face? Wait, is he trying to avoid looking at me because of his guilt or is he still that egoistic person, who wouldn't want to glance at me? Whatever the reason maybe, I don't want to see his loathsome face.

"Let us be practical. I know you will not be happy to work here due to our past. I am not forcing you to do so. I never knew Mr.Akaash will bring you. It was a mistake. You need not work here. "

Who is he, to not offer me a job? Hello Oviya, he is the C.E.O of the SBT Group of Companies. He has the decision authority, reminded my inner voice. But wait, SBT Group of Companies? How can I forget this? It is because of this company I lost my life. Now I remember everything. So stupid of me. Damn it, Oviya. You need not work in this evil company.

"I am not rejecting you. I leave it in your hands. You decide whether you want to work here or not. But I assure you that I will not bring the indifference between us if you agree to work here. We will be professional"

Oh great! He put the burden on my shoulder. I want to shout at him by saying 'who the hell wants your job' but I couldn't.

"I need sometime to think about it". Did I really say that? What happened to me? But that is also correct. I don't want to take decision in haste. Let me think for a while.

"Okay. Take your time. If you want to work her, do come here and inform me tomorrow. I will be here, no matter what day it is. If not, you need not come here. I will understand." he said genuinely. Genuinely? He is not a gentleman to speak like that. Mind your words Oviya.

"Okay, I will let you tomorrow." I said and I left the cabin. Is it rude to leave like that? Who cares? Didn't he do that? Oviya, this is so bad. Then what will be the difference between you and him? Again my stupid consciousness is troubling me. 'Hey I am not stupid. I am stating the moral.'

I left the cabin. Now I can't go and apologize to him. Whatever it is now I need a break from this.

.............................

I returned home to find it empty. Oh right, Sarah is with Sanchana. So I went to her flat which is opposite to mine.

I was about to knock, but the door was open. So I entered. Seems like she is on phone talking with someone, no actually she is shouting. I believed that doctors are most patient people, but this proves it wrong. Oh my Doctor girl, at whom are you yelling?

"Can't you leave me for God-sake, Kishore"

Problem found, it is Kishore. She didn't go to hospital today. So he has called her. Seems like the love sick puppy is missing her.