Chapter 15 - Lover's Day Out

Recap:

Oviya and Srinath were travelling by train. Oviya had planned to stay in a hotel till she had found a hostel. Srinath had asked her to stay with him instead of a hotel. When they arrived at his house, it was revealed to be her house where she had lived for 12 years (till her 18th birthday). Later that night, she got a nightmare, after which Srinath agreed to stay with her.

April 24th, 2012

Oviya's POV:

I could hear someone groaning. I opened my eyes, to see Sri doing exercise. It was great to know that he wanted to keep his body fit.

"Good morning" I greeted him.

"You are awake? I too woke up just now"

"You do exercises?" I asked him.

"Hmm, I... don't. Just thought of stretching my hands and legs."

Then only it striked my mind that he slept on the chair... I felt guilty.

"Sorry" I whispered.

"No! Don't. I am glad that I was able to comfort you. Hurry up. You have to go to work," after saying that, he hurried out of my room. I got ready for work.

First day at work, it went good. Then I searched for a ladies hostel. I booked one, close to the office where I was working.

When I reached home, I saw that he was home.

"Hey! How was work?" he asked, giving me a cup of coffee.

"It was good. I loved it. When did you come?" I asked him.

"An hour before".

He came before me?

"I got a hostel. I will be joining from next month."

"NO WAY!" he shouted.

"What? No way," I asked. I couldn't understand why he shouted at me.

"You are staying here. That's it"

"We already spoke about this Sri. I will not stay here with you."

"Why can't you stay with me? Wait, is it because you will seduce me?" he asked me with his mischievous smirk, but his eyes doesn't mirror his facial one. I could see a tint of disgust in his eyes.

"WHAT?" I shouted.

"I will not take advantage of you. You know that. If you are still not willing to stay with me, then you should be the one who would take advantage of this handsome boy." he said with a fake fear expression on his face.

I laughed. "Jokes apart Sri. You and I know that we both will not take advantage of each other. But what about the society? Do you think they will be quiet, after knowing that a girl is staying under the same roof with a man who is not her husband or her brother?"

"I don't care about them. Let they speak whatever they want. How long will they speak? One week? One month? Then they will get other stuff to gossip about."

"Sri..." he cut off me, "You have been getting nightmares too. Do you know how much it affected me? The night you confessed your love for me, that day too, you had a nightmare right? I can't leave you as such, without knowing whether you will be okay or not."

"But..." he cut off me again.

"FINE! You want to stay in a hostel? Then stay where ever you want. Who am I to you?" he shouted and went to the kitchen.

What have you done, Oviya? I sighed. I always ended up hurting him. What did he do? He cares for me. But what I did? I just ignored his feelings. We hurt the people whom we love and love the one who hurt us. He cares for me; he is concerned about my safety. Let it be his ways.