Chapter 25 - Was That Love?

Before entering into the chapter, let us wish belated birthday boy Ice_Creamer

Belated happy birthday thambi.
I am extremely sorry, you know why. 🙁
So thousand times belated happy birthday 🎂 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦 ok? Finally you are 21, OLD MAN!
May God bless you lazy busy bro sir 😇😇😇

Recap:

Oviya was working as waitress in a café where Akaash sees her and offers her a job in his friend's company. Oviya accepts and goes to the company only to face her worst nightmare Sridar. Sridar pities her, as she is a single mother and also feels guilty for her state. He vents out his anger on her once but regrets it later. Oviya learns about Sonya's death. Sridar gets closer to Sarah first, without knowing that she is his daughter, but when he learns the truth later, he tries to avoid her, but his fatherly love for his daughter overcomes his reluctance. So he secretly meets his daughter without Oviya's knowledge but unfortunately they get caught red-handed for which he gets slapped by Ovi. Later Ovi complains to Akaash that she wants to resign the job, he asks what was going on between them both. Sri reveals that he was married to Ovi. He narrates how Sonya and Sonya's dad forced him to marry her just for the sake of revenge. Oviya was eaves dropping their conversation and rushes out of the office. She was in confused state on knowing Akaash being Sonya's brother. So when comes to her home, she ignores him. But he explains his POV, finally she tries to accept his POV. Later he tries to speak for Sri, she gets hurt knowing that his childhood friend betrayed her. First she thought he was her Sri, but his actions made her to think otherwise. Now when she heard from Sri's conversation she was hurt that he betrayed her and he thought someone else as his Ammu.

Oviya's POV:.

One side I was relieved that Sri was not present for one week on other hand I also started to curse him. Because of him, now Sarah is constantly asking me about him!

One day, I was picking her up from play school, that's when I noticed she was sad. When I asked her what happened, she just brushed it off saying that she had fight with other kids. Same continued for two days, I asked Kirthikaa, the playschool in-charge, regarding this and she said that there wasn't any problem between kids.

It started to hurt me that my baby girl has started to lie to me. Again I confronted her, and this time she said the truth that her father forgot to visit her. That's when I became more stubborn with my decision of not allowing Sri to be in our lives.

I asked her why she hid, the meeting with her father and she said that he only asked this to be kept as a secret. How dare he make my daughter lie to me? I just want to strangle him to death!

"Just for someone you lied to me, Sarah." I felt betrayed. I was able to face all lies that everyone weaved, but I can't withstand my daughter lying to me. It kills me. I just sat down and started to cry. When my only hope for whom I am living, have just started to lie to me, I don't think I will have enough strength to breathe if Sri takes her from me completely.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" she asked. I didn't reply anything; I just hugged my knees and started to cry more. Now I started to hate that idiot even more.

"Mom... mommy, am... so... sorry. I will... not lie... to you. Promise mommy. Pinky promise." she too started to cry.

I hugged her, no matter what, I can't show my anger to her. If she wanted to hide something from me, then it is my mistake. Maybe I didn't spend more time with her, or maybe I should have noticed the changes in her when Sri came into our lives.