Chapter 27: Explain?

Alex

"ALEX!!"

I shouldn't have turned around.

Because now I am kissing the floor with a heavy teenage boy on my back.

"Alex I'm so sorry.."

The boy gotten up and extended his hand out for me. I taken the offer and stood up then dusted off my pants.

The guy picked up his skate board and looked down at his feet with guilt. "I'm sorry for that. I lost my control over there,"

"It's okay, I--"

I stopped mid-sentence. Of all people I get pushed to the ground to, it had to be him. I picked up my bag off the floor and turned around towards the direction I am heading to "Whatever."

If I knew the guy was Eric I would of kicked him in the chin by now. So instead I'm walking away. Like a mature person would do.

"Come on Alex!" He yelled while walking away towards me.

"Sorry I'm trying to recreate the way you ditched me the other day." I remarked back at Eric.

Eric slouched his shoulders. He was feeling beyond guilty. "Alexandra--"

"Don't call me that!" I barked and marched inside the library.

It's now March break and I can finally relax for a whole week just before my birthday, that is coming up this Friday.

But I am having one obstacle to face.

My parents and the Carter's likes to host a "Spring Gala".

Where they invite rich people, maybe some  famous business people and they negotiate about different deals or agreements.

I never attended The Spring  gala's but I have to this time. Mom thinks since I am turning eighteen I need to start going to "Adult like events".

But I feel that their is more to this, event. Or I'm just overthinking.

After school I wanted to drop off all the library books I have read, I walked inside the library and notice that their was a music program going on.

Children were playing several different instruments. Saxophone, guitar, piano, drums, tuba. You name it!

I have volunteered my time there, teaching some the kids a few notes and such in the tenth grade.

You're guys mind must be blowing because yes, Alexandra Thomason plays a few instruments or at least knows how.

I learned them all from Dad . He was secretly a musician and wanted to play live performances but since his parents never allowed him to, he became a lawyer instead. Being a lawyer never stopped him from busting out the guitar or hitting a few keys on the piano around the house.

That's how mom fallen in love with him. Through music.

They were both attending the same university at the time. Dad use to play in a band for this Cafe that the university students would go and relax. Every Friday they would have a nightly gig and almost the whole city would come to enjoy dad and his bands music.

Their was one night when mom and her friends came to listen to his music and she loved it.  They kept on glancing at each other all night until his gig was up.
Apparently from how mom explains it that; he jump off the stage and walked straight over to her. He extended his hand and introduce himself. Mom said they had the most romantic moment of all time in the cafe. They stayed there all night talking about everything .
Dad then offer to take her on a date, she couldn't say no.