Chapter 2: Dinner With The Carter's

Alex

Tonight is the night, where Andrew and I will be in the same house AND same room. I am so sorry for our parents right now for thinking about this crazy idea.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile; even though I'm not impressing anybody, I look really good in this dress.

I was wearing a blue cocktail dress, my hair was straight into a sleek ponytail and a natural look for my makeup.

I open my room door to hear laughter down stairs, our "guest" has arrived, oh jolly!

If you can see that I am not liking the whole idea about this dinner tonight.

I walk down the stairs and my mom is talking to Andrea (Andrew's mom) about her chocolate cake that I absolutely love. Dad and Anthony (Andrew's dad) talking about sports, typical.

The only person that was missing was the Devil.

"Ah, Andrew you made it!" My step-father beamed

Andrew and my step- father are really close. He's like a son my dad ever wanted, but to me he was the brother I never wanted

I felt somebody lean over close to my ear "Fancy seeing you in a dress," He whisper

Feeling his warm breath touch my skin gave me the urge to punch him. I turned around quickly and glared at him, "Why are you late?"

He looked down at his watch and smirked, "From what I heard that I had to be here for 6:30 and right now it is 6:29"

I put my lips in a thin line and walked away. I promise myself that I wouldn't kill him tonight, but I will someday!

"Ah! Is it my favorite girl in the world?" Anthony said with open arms

I ran up to him and gave him a hug, "Hi Uncle Anthony,"

"Hi Alex, how are you?"

"I been doing good and before you ask; Schools been doing good also."

Anthony let out a heavy laugh, knowing I was right. "At least you know what I'm going to say next."

Just then I heard somebody gasp right behind me. I turned around and see Andrea smilling like the joker, "My! Alex you grew up so much!"

I let out a shaky laugh; she just saw me last week, how can I grow so much between seven days?

She pulled away and smiled, "You are a very pretty little girl you know? It seem like yesterday me and you mother were seeing you for the first time ever," She sighed happily

We talked for a little about; shopping, shoes, school and a little bit of boys. I wasn't really the type of girl who talks about those stuff twenty-four seven. Don't get me wrong I do like going shopping and fancy shoes but not my type to talk about it.

After fifthteen minutes or so, my mom announce that dinner was ready. Everybody cheered and made their way over to the dining room.

We all sat down in the order we sit in everytime we have dinner or a "Get together". My step-father was sitting right beside Anthony, Mom and Andrea were sitting right beside their husbands. Mom was sitting right beside me and guess who's right beside me? You betcha, Andrew.

"So Andrew, hows Basketball going? Hope the ladies are giving you your space." My step-father Carlos asked

The Devil cleared his throat, "Basketball doing good, were going to championships in late October. Oh for the girls, I been keeping them far away from me."