Chapter 34: The Wedding

Alex

Their is a tradition when brides receive certain types of gifts on their wedding day.
Something old, something new, and something blue.
People have stopped the tradition for a while but others try to keep the tradition on.

  Mom fluffed my dress and stared at me through the mirror with awe, "You look beautiful honey,"

I stared blankly at myself. I was wearing a dress and not just any dress.
My wedding dress.

Today was the day I was getting "married" to Andrew and I didn't feel the slightest bit happy. I should be feeling over-joyed, emotional, ecstatic. But I'm not.

I never wanted and still not want to marry Andrew. Yes we have confess our feelings to each other but I don't want to marry him! I'm so young!

It's to early, but I have better things to worry about. My plan.

"Alex! My daughter in law! Beautiful!" Aunt Andrea gushed, extending her arms ready for a hug.

I put on a fake smile and hugged Aunt Andrea. "Thank you,"

I turned over to see Leah was in her maid of honour dress and her hair was nicely done. Her mouth was open wide staring at my dress. "Alex you look amazing!! The dress does look good on you!" She complimented me.

I blushed; I know I shouldn't let the compliments affect me but it was. I turned to look at myself once more. My hair was up in a nice side bun, small pieces of my hair was curled and placed near my ear, my make up was done as "natural" as possible but it feels like I have so much cake on!
My dress is strapless with a heart shaped line, and fell down like a trail behind me. Personally It looked amazing, I just couldn't enjoy it.

Our wedding planner came rushing in the room looking frantic. She had a head set to the side of her ear. "Okay everyone is waiting! Let's get the bride to the alter," my wedding planner said clapping her hands like crazy. Is this is how all wedding planners act? Frantic?

My braid maids, Mom and aunt Andrea left through the door except for Leah. Leah's hand reach my arm, her eyes were filled with worry, "Are you sure this is going to work?" She softly mumbled.

  I picked up my dress with Leah's help and sighed, "One way to find out." Then we headed out the door.

My mom, aunt Andrea link arms together and waited at the door for their time to walk down the aisle. Mom was fanning her eyes, "Andrea I'm not sure if I can do this!"

Andrea hugs my mom and cries, "It's okay will do this together!"

The way they're acting; People would believe they're getting married.

The doors opened, mom and aunt Andrea walked out the doors. Slowly my brides maids and my maid of honor walked out. Then they closed the door.

I am not sure why my mother wanted me to have the doors close again before I made my entrance. I get it I am suppose to be the star of the show but I just want to get this over with! Say I do and head out!

I stood in front of the closed doors with Carlos standing beside me. "You ready?" He asked.

I sighed at the ground and shrugged my shoulders, "I'm not sure, it doesn't feel like my wedding day. I don't feel like I should be enjoying this. I'm getting married to the guy who I hated for almost my whole adolescence years. I want to explore the world, see who I become. Then settle down." I explained to Carlos.

He looked away with distress, "I'll be right back," then he left me standing in front of the doors. I waited a couple seconds for Carlos but he was no where in sight. Where did he go off to?