Chapter 35: What Now?

Alex

After the disaster with my mother, we still continued the reception but not having the actual wedding. Just a formal event, I guess? Everyone was dancing, eating or getting a cocktail. Andrew and I were mingling with the guest, apologizing for the circumstances that happened during the ceremony. Most of the guest were understanding and others were quite surprise with my mothers actions.

"My goodness! I never knew Lauren was like that. She was a very sweet girl with your father. I hope everything goes well with your family, please give them my blessing." A lady said.

I thank the lady and met up with Andrew. I changed my wedding dress to a cocktail dress, it was black and white, had a stripe pattern to it. Andrew kept on his suit to keep himself to look formal. Andre and Leah we're dancing on the dance floor together, smiling and sharing laughter within each other.

Even though Leah did not tell me about her and Andre being together, they do look amazing  and I hope they find a way to continue their relationship through University.

I finally arrive to where Andrew was siting, he looked up and smiled, "Hey beautiful,"

He stood up and kissed me on the side of the cheek, I felt a smile form on my lips, it is quite amazing through out this process that I have re connected with my best friend. Yes, I can admit that I use to hate his guts but ever since this arrange marriage, we bond and found that friendship again. he had his secrets and I had mine.

Who would have thought that just one simple confession from Eric has caused a war. I must say what Andrew did to Eric was not nice, he did not deserved to have his sexuality be announce to the whole school. Even having to threaten him in the 9th grade was just wrong. Although, Eric forgave him. Eric has a good heart, to accept his enemies apology and find truce is  brave, strong, and mature. I am proud of Eric.

I wish we could go back in time and change a few things. Would that change the outcome of the story? Would Eric and I still be together? Would I still have be force to marry Andrew? Would have I been able to get my father out of hiding?

I guess some disasters in the past, does bring out a better future.

As I see a few couples going to the dance floor, I believe that a slow dance has came on. Andrew grabbed my hand and lead me to the dance floor. He stopped in the middle of the dance floor and turned towards me. He brought his hand towards the middle of my back and we started swaying to the music.  "You been quiet ever since we arrived at the reception, is everything okay?" Andrew asked.

I looked into his eyes and concern was shown. I smiled, "I'm okay, I am just realizing a few things and accepting what happened."

"We didn't have to come to the reception if it is reminding you about your mom, we could of went back home. Me, you, Andre, and Leah could have ordered pizza and watch a bunch of movies." He moved a strand of my hair behind my ear, "I know you are being strong right now but what happened at the ceremony shouldn't have happened."

I looked over at my dad who was talking to his mother and Andrews dad. My grandmother was grinning from ear to ear, staring at her son. Knowing that now she does not need to grief over her son being missing or being dead. He was alive and could be possibility back for good.

I gaze back over to Andrew and smiled, "No, I'm good. Without today and my crazy money obsession mother. I wouldn't have reunited my grandmother with her son,"

Andrew lightly chuckle, "I must say, even though you have a fiery temper, can break a person in half, plan evil pranks on people, torture the heck out of me--"