Chapter 10

We were just about to turn the corner to our dorm room when we heard voices.

"Well? Who isn't present?"

"There's a whole heap of them. Twelve of them in total".

Edward peeked his head around the corner and quickly flung himself back around towards us.

"It's Four and Eric... and three other people I don't know" he stated. You could tell he was worried.

"Shit" I whispered. Ok, fine. I was extremely worried too.

"Well what do we do?" Tris questioned everyone. "We can't just stay here for the rest of the night".

"She's right," Edward began, "If we head over now we will get in less trouble, compared to waiting around for any longer".

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Peter questioned rudely.

The voices stopped.

They had heard us.

*thud, thud, thud, thud*

Someone was coming our way. Seemed to be only one pair of feet walking towards us.

We all unconsciously press ourselves up against the wall, not wanting to be seen.

Someone walked around the corner. It was him.

"What you got over there Eric?" a female voice questioned.

"Oh, nothing much... Only some really late initiates" he answered immorally.

We all stood there starstruck as more people appeared from around the corner. Four and three others I didn't recognise. Two were male and one was the female we heard before.

"Well, well, well" one male said. "What do we have here..."

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Four questioned angrily.

"Sorry. We went out to get tattoos after dinner" Edward apologised.

"Yeah. We really are sorry. We didn't realise it would take that long" I added. Hoping they would let us off easy. But I didn't think that would be happening tonight.

"You all got tattoos?" Eric questioned.

"Um, yeah..." Christina answered on behalf of all of us.

Before Eric could say anything else one of the men interrupted saying he needed to be somewhere and that he would have a chat with us in the morning. Where could someone possibly have to be this late at night. I thought to myself.

"Yeah, yeah that's fine. See ya Max" Eric said.

Max. Woah, that was the leader of all of Dauntless. What we have done must be pretty serious for them to get Max.

Eric began to speak again. "Tattoos yeah? Mind if we have a look?"

It wasn't a question though.

We all lifted or moved our clothing so he could see each of our tattoos.

It was awkward for me because I had to pull my pants down slightly. Thank goodness they easily slid down, I didn't want to have to unbutton them and pull the zipper down. That would've just been weird.

We are all lined up along the wall and Eric started at Edward and moved his way along, looking at each of our tattoos.

When he came to me he stopped. "Interesting place to put a tattoo..." he commented.

"How so?" I questioned with a little sass.

He looked back up at me and sent me a look that said 'Watch it!'.

Then, he moved along. He didn't comment on anyone else's tattoo. Strange.

Although, my tattoo was probably placed in the "weirdest" spot.

"Alright Four, you can continue this. I'm off to bed" Eric announced as he walked off.

I felt like the whole purpose of looking at our new tattoos was so he could have one on one eye contact with each of us. To freak us out, to intimidate us.

"Alright. You will all be punished in some way. Max will give each of you a job you will carry out for the next week along with training." Four stated.

A lot of us groaned.

"Now. Get to bed. And I do not want to see any of you late for anything again" Four quietly concluded.

He watched all of us walk into the dorm. The lights were all off inside so it was pitch black.

Just when I was about to walk in, he pulled me to the side and said, "Second time today Eliza. You better make sure you and your 'posse' are on time from now on". The way he said this made me shiver. He was so close to me and he spoke in such a dangerous tone. I nodded and walked into the darkness.