Chapter 40

I woke up to Jeanine standing right next to me. Ready to greet me as soon as I woke up.

"Hello Eliza. My name is Jeanine" she said chirpily. She talked with very well pronounced words. 

I uttered a small 'hi' before she continued talking. 

"I just wanted to personally welcome you into the Dauntless community. I have been told that you have done very well throughout training and I am impressed" she paused for a short moment for some reason, then continued again. "You are sure to be a great asset to this faction". 

"Oh wow... Um, thank you" I said in thanks. I paused for a little, catching my breath. "Sorry if this sounds rude Jeanine but shouldn't Max be the one to tell me this?" I then questioned, confused as to why she was the one who congratulated me. 

"Well yes but he gave me the honour to welcome you myself" she said brightly, staring deep into my eyes. As if looking for something. 

And before I could say anything else she walked away to a panel of technician looking people, assessing a variety of computer screens. 

I stepped off of the pedestal and was greeted warmly by Four. 

"Congratulations Eliza. You did really well, good job. Throughout the whole fear sim everyone looked very impressed and intrigued". 

"Wow. That makes me feel so much better about it" I replied with a huge sigh of relief. I didn't bother telling him about what Jeanine had just said. I planned to talk about it with Eric. 

"Jamie here will help you find your way back to the dorm. You are to wait in there with the others while we finish off the rest of the fear sims" Four explained as he gestured towards Jamie standing near a small door, different from the one we entered in. 

"Hey Jamie!" I twittered. 

"Eliza!" he replied, trying to match my hair pitch voice. 

"You know each other?" Four questioned, with a raised eyebrow. 

"Yeah, we met at the tattoo parlour area" I described. 

"Ok then" Four said with a smile. "Your free to take her" he then said to Jamie. 

And with that Jamie escorted me out of the testing room. 

"I don't get to watch the fear sims play out but I heard you were really good" Jamie said. 

"Well I guess I did alright" I shrugged. 

"Alright!? Eliza, they were even talking about raising your ranking" he almost shouted. "And that's a big deal... So... Yay for you!" he said, slapping his hand to my back. 

We rounded a corner and we were back near the dorm rooms. 

"You know your way from here?" he kindly asked. 

"Yeah I do" I replied.

"No worries then... I'll see you around" he then announced as he strolled away. 

I made my way back to our dorm and sat down with all of the other initiates. We all waited because apparently Four and Eric were coming back to the dorm after the sims and making an announcement. A few people thought they would let us know straight away about who got in and who didn't, but I doubted that. They were probably just going to let us know how long it would take for the rankings to be finalised and what not. 

We waited for another hour and finally they entered through the door. With Christina in front of them. She must've been the last of us to take her final test. She looked pretty confident. She must've done well.