chapter 4: Nick

Its late when I see a small girl hanging over the edge of the bridge, I quickly stop and jump out of my car racing towards her.
Her dark messy brown hair blows in the wind and her cloths torn and tattered, she looks over at me her blue eyes red from the tears falling from them.

Addison.

"Addison what are you doing" I ask slowly coming towards her.

She dosen't say anything like earlier today.

"Don't jump I can help you" I plead.

She shakes her head at me meaning theres nothing I can do.

"Please let me help" I say calmly.

I finally reach her and grab her hand she flinches away but I still hold her.

"Please" I say tears filling my eyes.

She looks down below the bridge and then back at me, she nods slightly and I quickly help her over the ledge, her body is frail and skinny as I lift her and I'm scared if I hold to tight she will break in pieces.
I set her on the ground and see her tremble, I don't let go of her as I guide her to the passenger seat of my car, I quickly jump in and turn the heat up, her clothes are small and thin and don't look very warm.

"Do you want me to take you home" I ask.

She quickly shakes her head and whimpers softly, I quickly try and calm her down.

"Its ok, you can come to my place" I offer " my mums not home" I say.

She shakes her head again in respond and just keeps whimpering as silent tears run down her cheeks.

"It's ok Addison I don't mind" I say.

I start the car and quick drive to my place before she can answer.
I help her out of the car and notice that shes limping.

"Are you hurt' I ask her.

She shakes her head, I continue to guide her inside and bring her to my room, she sit quietly on my bed as I look for clothes she can wear, I pull out a tshirt and sweats that are way to big for her.

"Here you can wear this and have a shower" I say kindly " I can wash those clothes for you".