chapter 7: Nick

I wake up with Addy softly snoring in my arms, I smile, shes so cute when she sleeps, but I still remember how she was last night how she cried in my arms over a bad dream, she was so frightened.
She stures underneath me and her eyes shoot open and look around franticly, she see's me and relax's slightly.

"Morning, are you feeling better" I ask.

She nods softly.

"Ok, are you hungry, we have to go to school soon" I say.

Addy nods but I can tell by the look in her eyes she doesn't want to go.
We get up and head downstairs, my mum is in the kichen cooking when we walk in, she smiles at us softly.

"Hey mum, this is Addison" I say.

Addy waves shyly.

"Hi Addison, I'm Fiona" she says kindly.

Me and Addy sit down at the table and mum puts to big plats of bacon and eggs infront of us, Addy stares at the plate worried planted on her face, my mum see's it to.

"Are you ok honey" she asks "if you don't like it I can make you something else".

Addy shakes her head?

"Are you sure I don't mind, you just have to ask" she says.

Addy looks at me then back to my mum looking worried.

"Mum, Addy doesn't speak" I explain.

"Oh I'm so sorry sweety I didn't mean to scare you" she says.

She nods her head with a shy smile before taking a small bight out of the eggs.
Ten minutes later I've finish and she has eaten half of her food, I can see in her eyes that she really can't eat anymore.

"We should get ready for school" I say with a smile.

Addy nods sadly and gets up and follows me to my room, I look through my clothes and hand Addy a new tshirt, the smallest one I can find and her jeans from yesterday, we get dressed and I notice that Addy keeps her jacket on but I don't pry, we head out to my car, I notice that Addy is still limping as she hops into my car.

"Are you sure your legs ok" I ask as I hope in.

She nods and avoids eye contact, I sigh and start the car, how did a girl so sweet and cute get so messed up.
I drive to school quickly and as soon as we get there I see Addy start to shrink in her seat, I park and turn so that I'm facing her, I give her a warm smile as I rub her shoulder, she blushes.

"Its ok, we can go in together" I say.

Addy nods and gets out of the car, she follows behind me as we walk in, she stays close to me trying to act invisible.
I wrap my hand around her shoulder bring her closer to me, she relax's slightly.

"Hey Nick" Robby yells out infront of me.

My bestfriend comes running up to me, hes shaggy brown hair flopping in his face as he stops, he does his traid mark smile that would make any girl fall for him, his tan skin practicly glows in this lighs and his green eyes shine with amusedment.

"Hey" I say.

"Where were you last night" he asks.

"Something came up" I say.

"What kind of things" he asks with a smile.

"Thats none of your busniess" I chuckle.

The bell rings signiling for everyone to head to class.

"What do you have first Addy" I ask.

But when I looked over at her, she was gone.