Chapter 6

We go out for ice cream down to the place Twan loves. "You get the same thing every time. Have even tried anything new?" I ask him. "Why would I try something new when this is the best thing in the whole world?" he answers with a serious expression while still eating. I laugh and lean over and take a bite out of his ice cream. Twan dramatically gasps and exclaims, "How dare you!" He quickly adds, "Here you want some?" Then smashes it in my face and I jump up from it being so cold. 

I scream and get a couple of crazy looks from the people around me, but luckily we're outside. I reach over and smash my ice cream in Twan's face. "Damn!" he yells. I look at him and we begin to both laugh so hard it starts to hurt. "We know how to waste ice cream," he comments. I laugh and begin to say, "Not entirely." Then, while closely leaning towards him, I lick the ice cream off his face. "Very unsanitary," I hear a familiar voice behind me say. I stop and begin to blush from embarrassment, this might look very wrong. I turn to see Logan and Jake standing there, just like that my ice cream falls out of my hand onto the floor. "J...Jake," I stutter.

My anger that I have been holding in rushes out of my head, because Jake's standing there with the same saddened face like last night. It breaks my heart. I run up to him and wrap my arms around him. He steps back with me in his arms, obviously taken back from my ambush. "I'm sorry," I whisper as he wraps his arms around me tightly. "No I'm sorry," he whispers back. Then I hear someone behind me laughing.

I let go of Jake and see Logan is the one laughing. "Don't mind me," he comments once he stops. "It's just I knew you two could never stay a part. You two are like magnets. Can never be separated," he continues. I look to see Twan just sitting there not saying anything. "Well if you must know I have more than one best friend," I tell Logan. He raises his brow at me and asks, "Chance?" I roll my eyes and reply, "No you dummy. Twan. It's Twan." With the mention of his name Twan looks at me and smiles. I feel Jake wrap his hand around mine and intertwines our fingers. "Hey Twan want to get a drink?" Logan asks. Twan looks at me, then back at Logan. I nod at him and he says, "Okay yeah I'm down." Then I see them walk away.

"I should probably take you somewhere to clean your face off from the ice cream," Jake voices while bringing me back to his attention. I quickly grab his shirt and wipe my face on it. "Hey!" he yells. I laugh and let go of his hand to run away. I glance behind me without stopping and see that he's chasing me.

"Gotcha," I hear while a pair of hands pick me up. I yelp from the surprise. "You owe me a new shirt," he mentions. I laugh and tell him, "You owe me lots of things, like when we were six and you flew that mud at my new dress. I didn't make you go out with your quarters and buy me a new one." We both laugh at that memory and he says, "Yeah, because you were lucky. I only would throw mud at girls I liked." I playfully nudge him while saying, "I was the only girl you would throw mud at." He stops walking and looks at his feet. "Jake!" I yell. He looks up at me cheaply. "You liked me when we were little! Oh my gosh!" I continue. He smiles and asks, "Yeah so what?" I lean in real close and say, "So did I."

He laughs and tells me, "No you didn't. Don't lie." I shrug and confess, "I'm not. I liked you. I used to think we'd get married, I mean you were my first kiss and I yours. Get this, I liked you up until I was with Chance. You know how we were going to go the dance together in junior high, until I saw you kissing that sleazy Daisy Whitepin. So when Chance asked me, I was going to say no, but then that kiss made me mad and I told him yes. Then after that's history, so up until then I liked you." He takes a step back and begins to walk and turn around, over and over again. "Jake?" I ask.

Jake looks up at me and comes to stand right in front of me with only inches between us. "I liked you too. I didn't even kiss Daisy, she grabbed me. I didn't like her. You wonder why I didn't like Chance in the beginning? Because I loved you. This makes me so mad, because this whole time if I would have taken you we could have been together," he reveals to me in a rush. "You...you loved me?" I ask right away. He nods and leans his forehead against mine. "But it's not in past tense," he whispers.

I gasp realizing what Jake means. He loves me...now. He places his hand behind my head and all in seconds his lips are on mine. I pull apart right away and step back from him. "No you don't get to do that!" I yell. He looks at me with guilt. "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. Let's just forget that ever happened," he tries to reassure me. I frown and say, "Fine. Just don't do that again." He nods and extends his hand. I take it, while he voices, "I promise." Then pulls me in for a hug. My day just keeps getting weirder. I don't know how I feel about Jake now.

I feel my phone vibrate and pull it out. I have five text messages, each from a different number. I open them and begin to laugh at each,

"Sup girl it's Cameron."

I wasn't expecting to get one from him, but it doesn't matter. I save his number then go to the next.

"I'm so sorry Abbi. I don't know what came over me. Please say we can still be friends. Oh it's Hayes by the way."

"Nash."

I laugh how Nash literally just texted me his name.

"Jack Gilinsky here."

"Hey beautiful, it's Jack Johnson."

I smile at the Jacks'. I don't know how I feel about anyone. I don't think it means anything when I thought of all of them. "Who is it?" I hear Jake ask. I totally forgot about him standing there. Oops. "Just some people," I quickly reply after I finish saving all their numbers. "Anyway did you want to go back to my apartment? I'd like to catch up, since we haven't yet," he asks. I look up at Jake and the way he kissed me pops in my head. "I can't actually. I already have plans," the lie slips out of my mouth before I can stop it. "Oh maybe another time then," he comments above a whisper. I nod and tell him, "For sure Jake." Then I lean up and give him a kiss on the cheek, like I usually would.

As Jake walks away, I pull my phone out and call the person I realize I need to speak to next. "Hey what are you doing right now?" I ask as soon as I hear the call go through. I hear his laugh and he replies, "I'm not doing anything to be honest." I smile and tell him, "Good then come have dinner with me. I won't take no as an answer. It can be an early meal. I'm on 24th Street. Go to that hamburger shack on the corner." He laughs again and tells me, "Demanding aren't you? But yes I'd love to have dinner with you Abbi. See you in a few." Then I hang up and make my way there.

_________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for everyone that's reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, vote if you did or leave comments. I love hearing your feed back! 

So what did you guys think about the big reveal? Jake loves her! *gasp* Who do you think she's meeting up with? Well who ever it is, we'll find out who she's starting to have feelings for. What do you think of Johnson and his 'flirting', is it just for fun or something more?

Well for this chapter I'm dedicating it to Jake Paul, because it's always nice to get back your best friend. 

Until next week :)