Chapter 13

Sunday morning I wake up with sweat covering my body, I dreamt about the other night again. Tomorrow starts the "Dash" week, I need to put this behind me. I mean nothing happened. I decided to just go for a run. I leave a note for Twan and take off.

The air around the ocean feels amazing in the morning, I don't know how long I've been running but it made me really think about things. I won't let Dillon get to me, I'm not a victim. This is my week and I'm going to own it. I look around and stop, a familiar face stands out from everyone's. Kenny. I smile and make my way over. "You like to run in the morning?" I ask while casually standing next to him. He looks up at me from his phone and the next thing I know, I'm in his arms. He spins me around and places a kiss on my cheek. "I was just thinking about you", he states. I blush a little, he's such a flirt. "But yes, to answer your question. It feels good in the morning, so I like to run", Kenny finally replies with. "Do you want to take a walk together?" I ask before I even realize what I'm doing. A smile flashes across his face and he quickly replies, "I'd love to."

Silence settles between us the first ten minutes or so. "Do you still love him?" Kenny asks finally breaking the silence. I stop for a second looking at him, but start to walk alongside him again. "Who?" I reply with a question. I bite my lip, hoping that he couldn't possibly mean Chance. Kenny doesn't answer right away, only making my stomach twist in knots. "Abbi you know who, Chance", his words cause me to take in my breath and look away from him. "I don't really want to talk about him. Why do you want to know?" I ask trying not to get upset with Kenny. He stops walking and looks at me with a serious expression while telling me, "I think we had a connection the other day. You had a genuine smile and laugh, unlike now when I mentioned Chance. He hurt you and someone as special as you, should never be treated like that. You deserved to be treated like a queen. I felt something between us and I'd like to take you out to explore what's there." A gasp escapes my lips and I have to look at the ground to get away from his gaze. "I can't. Not now. Not until the day comes where I've fallen out of love with Chance", I reply while looking back up. To my surprise there's still a smile on Kenny's face. "There's hope in that answer", he tells me while giving me a brief hug. A smile makes its way on my face and I can't help but ask, "Like a queen?" Kenny glances over at me once we begin to walk again and replies, "Oh yes. Anything for you, my lady." He fake bows and I burst into laughter. "Are you laughing at me?" he playfully asks. He gives me a mischievous smile and I can tell by his eyes that something's about to happen. I however keep my ground and reply, "Yes Holland. I was." Then I run forward. I hear him laugh and call after me, "Oh that's it. You asked for it." I hear his footsteps on the pavement behind me. I begin to laugh, which causes me to lose some speed. Kenny grabs me and picks me up. I continue to laugh while catching sight of his expression, that same smile he gives me when he sees me. I take notice that he's walking towards the water. "Kenny don't you even dare", I immediately tell him. "Or what?" he challenges. We're almost at the water when something comes to mind to make him stop. My lips find his, just for a second. Kenny stops walking and sets me down. "That's what", I tell him while beginning to walk back towards the street. He lightly grabs my wrist and asks, "Why do I feel like I'm not the only one you've been kissing?" At first I wasn't even sure if he was asking me or not. I flinch at his words either way. "What are you suggesting?" I ask with a little irritation. Kenny's hand falls from my wrist and he looks me directly in the eyes while replying, "I see the way Hayes looks at you. I see the way Johnson looks at you. I didn't think much about it, but now I'm thinking you've got them all wrapped around your finger. I don't think I want the same. Maybe you're not the girl I thought you were." I take a step back and feel tears beginning to form. No I won't cry over this. I won't let his insult get to me. "You don't even know me! How dare you stand here acting like you know my life! You know what yes, I've kissed both of them, even Jake. But I don't go around wanting to lead them on and make out with them all the time. I'm not a slut and I don't think I want to be around someone as awful as you", I yell at Kenny. At this point I'm fuming and don't want anything to do with him right now. I walk away from him and leave him on the beach. I stop and turn back towards him real quick. "You don't have to come on Tuesday", I call to him. A slight frown appears on his face and guilt starts to creep in, but I still walk away from him and leave.

The run back to the apartment seems much longer. Kenny's words keep replaying in my mind. I don't even know why his words affected me, it's not like I've known him for that long. Unfortunately now I don't have a guest for Tuesday, however my thoughts are interrupted when I see a happy Jake in front of the apartments. I run into his arms and he places a soft kiss on my forehead. "You're so gross", he tells me right away. I stick my tongue out at him and jump up to wrap my legs around his waist. I laugh and say, "Now you're gross." Jake rolls his eyes and comments, "There's the best friend that I know." I let my grip on him go and stand back up on the ground. "Want to come up?" I ask. He nods and takes my hand. I lean my head against his shoulder and let out a sigh. After the day I've had so far, I need Jake right now.

I step out of the shower to find Jake and Twan in a dance battle on the Kinect. I burst out into laughter and Twan tells me, "Laugh away, but you know I can beat you any day Ab." I stop and challenge, "Oh yeah?" He glances over for a second and replies, "Yeah." Jake speaks up, "Sounds like a challenge is being made. Why don't you go up against the winner, whether it be Twan or I?" I smile at him and accept. I patiently watch the two of them battling it out, I have to say they're taking this quite serious. The results flash on the screen and Twan's crowned champion. Well damn. "Sorry Ab", Jake tells me while stepping off to the side where I was. I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek while whispering, "Watch his defeat." Jake smiles at me and crosses his arms over his chest. "Want me to put in on easy?" Twan asks. I scoff at him and reply, "Don't even try that on me, but if you need it to be on easy..." He interrupts with, "No. Ab you're on." I smile at him and stretch out real quick.

The music begins and I'm matching all the dance moves, but so is Twan. When the song is almost over, we're still neck and neck with scores, with me beating him by two points. "Jeez Kenny must have been wrong", Twan quietly comments. I glance over at him and ask, "What was he wrong about?" Twan hitches his breath, I guess he didn't think I had heard him. "Kenny called me right before you got here, asking if I could check if you were ok. He said you weren't alright", he replies. His words cause me to stop and just like that Twan gets those extra points and wins. Unlike me, who's filled with guilt. I was so harsh to Kenny and here he is checking up on me.

______________________________________________________________________

Thank you again for everyone that's reading! 

I'm dedicating this chapter to Kenny, even if it ended with a fight between the two of them. But the rest of the chapter definitely was a lovable moment between Kenny and Abbi. 

What do you think of the fight? Are you mad at Kenny? Are you mad at Abbi?  Or what about that the Dash Celebration starts in the next chapter? If you remember the activities, it's Jack Johnson's day with Abbi! 

Well until next week :)