Chapter 8

Everyone leaves the room and I go out towards the front door. As I stand at the bedroom door, I look to ask Twan, "What kind of person do you think I am? It's like you don't even know me." He looks me in the eyes, but still not a word comes out. But I can see everything he has to say, he's disappointed.

"I don't think you should leave," Logan voices his concern right before I reach the front door. I look to the person next to me, Gilinsky. We look at each other and he uses his thumb to wipe my tears away. "What do you think Gili?" I ask him. He looks me in the eyes and replies, "Make the move that you won't regret later." Like I know what that it is. "I'm leaving," I finally say while opening the door. Jake's there next to me and grabs my hand while we walk towards the elevator.

Jake carries everything into his apartment for me, because on the car ride here I could only sit there saying nothing and trying not to cry. I go to Jake's room and straight to the bed. I lay down and pull the covers over me. I feel the bed move with Jake's weight, then he wraps his arms around me to pull me against his chest. In this moment is where I don't try to control myself, I let the tears pour out. "It'll be okay Ab," he whispers. However, I don't think it will be okay. Twan and I never fight like this, we were each other's rock. My friendship with Twan is different than mine with Jake's.

I wake up to an empty bed, but find a note on Jake's pillow reading, 

Had to step out for a morning workout. –J

I get out of bed and step outside his bedroom door, but the door across from his opens too. Chance with boxes on and nothing else is standing there. "Chance!" I yell. He smiles at me and says, "Like you haven't seen any of this before." I gasp and lightly push him, but he grabs my hand and places a kiss on my palm. Then he suddenly drops my hand and states, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry." I blush and hid my face in my hands.

"Are you blushing?" he asks while pulling my hands from my face. I smile up at him and he pulls me close to him using my hands. I look at him and find our lips inches from each other. I close the gap and smash my lips against his. I take my hands out of his and wrap my arms around his neck while hungrily kissing him. His tongue makes its way in my mouth and I should stop, but I've missed him so much.

I push him towards his room and open the door while never breaking apart from him. I close the door behind us while he picks me up in his arms and puts me down on his bed. He places wet kisses down my body and reaches for my shirt while smiling down at me. I quickly sit up and he takes it off of me. He sucks down right above my bra and I arch up towards him wanting more. The door suddenly opens and Jake appears. "Jake," Chance and I say unison.

"Don't," Jake tells us. I quickly grab my shirt and put it on before going after him. "Jake please listen," I plead to him. "I told you I loved you!" he turns on me with sadness. That's when I realize he's not angry, he's heartbroken. "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me, please it wasn't what it looked like. I just needed some affection. I don't know how to handle this mess with Twan," I tell him while wrapping my arms around his waist and place my head against his chest. Jake just stands there without moving or saying anything.

After a couple of minutes of standing there like that, he finally wraps me in his arms. "You'll be the death of me Abbi," he whispers while placing a kiss on my forehead. "I wasn't going to sleep with him I promise Jake," I sincerely tell him. "I believe you," he voices. "Look Jake I'm sorry, things just got out of hand way too quickly," I hear Chance say behind me. Jake lets go of me and I watch him go up to Chance and give him a hug. "You're leaving today man, it's all good," Jake tells him while stepping back. "You're leaving?" I ask Chance.

Chance looks at the floor and then back at me. "I was going to tell you," he says. I feel my phone vibrate from a receiving call, so I pull it out from my pocket to find  it's Gilinsky. "Hey," I say while answering. "Hey yourself," he tells me. I laugh and ask, "You called?" He sighs and asks, "Right. I was just calling to see if you were okay. Are you? I know how Twan is important to you." My heart sinks, he's such a nice guy. The first to ask if I was even okay. "I'm trying," is all I say. "I'm coming over," he quickly tells me. "What? No. You don't have to do that, I have Jake here," I tell him. "You mean Chance and Jake?" he asks.

I don't answer right away, no one seems to want me around Chance. After today, I guess they're right. "I'll be okay Gili," I reassure him. I can hear him hesitate, but he sighs and finally says, "Okay I won't come over, but just give me the word and I'll be there." I quickly tell reassure, "Thanks, I will if I need to." I hear him say, "Well I guess I'll let you go then, bye Ab." I smile and tell him, "Bye Gili."

I go and sit on the couch next to Jake and a fully clothed Chance. "Bye Gili," Jake mimics once I sit down. I roll my eyes at him and push him while saying, "Shut it Paul." He smiles at me and counters, "Make me." I flash to the memory of him kissing me and I begin to frown, while losing the playful mood I was just in. Jake notices and turns his attention to the TV. I know we decided not to mention what happened, but Jake threw in my face that he loves me. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to think Twan was right, I am that type of person. I let Chance come back in just like that. I'm hurting Jake and let's not even begin on Hayes. I'm a mess.

________________________________________________________________________

Thank you everyone that's reading! I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry that it's a little shorter this week.

So what did you guys think of Chance and Abbi? Like the idea of them together again? I think everyone can agree, Abbi is kind of a mess right now. Or what about that she can't even deal with the fact she got into a fight with Twan, what do you think it means?

I dedicated this chapter to Chance, because this chapter shows that there's underlying emotions between them and things begin to get hot for them.

With that note, I need to address that this chapter is as dirty as it's going to get, writing smut isn't my thing, sorry if that's what you like to read. I may hint at things or say that it happened, but I won't write in detail.

Well until next week :)