Chapter 14

Today's finally Monday and my day with Johnson. The team's having a picnic lunch and there'll be games there too. I hear a knock on the door and rush over before Twan can answer it, except it's not Johnson I find at the door, but rather Dillon. I try to shut the door right away, but he sticks his foot in the way. "Who is it?" Twan asks next to me. I try not to cry, so I don't say anything. Twan understands and rips the door open. He's angry and looks like he could kill Dillon. "I came to apologize", Dillon defends whether to me or Twan, I don't know. "Well what stopped you from doing that these past two days?" Twan asks him. A slight frown appears on Dillon's face and I have to look away. I do not want to feel sorry for him, he better feel bad for what he did. "I'm moving out as well, just thought you should know", Dillon adds before he disappears down the hall. Only seconds later Johnson's face appears with concern. "What was HE doing here?" he asks right when he walks in. I only give him a look that tells him I don't want to talk about it, luckily he gets the hint and places a smile on his face. "So are you excited about today as I am, beautiful?" Johnson asks. This use of the word 'beautiful' makes my cheeks blush. "You bet I am, Johnson", I reply while giving him a hug.

I see the park up ahead and can feel the excitement begin to boil. Johnson grabs my hand while smiling at me. I return the smile and squeeze his hand, I'm thankful that he hasn't brought up the conversation from the days before. I don't know exactly what I will tell him, but I'll deal with that when the times comes. We got out of the car and I see a familiar face running towards us. Johnson lets go of my hand right when my team mate, Ashlee, wraps her arms around me. "Our new goalie has arrived!" she yells to everyone. I laugh and step back to introduce Johnson. "This is my friend Jack Johnson", I tell her and some others that have now walked up and given me hugs. Jack smiles at them and they all introduce each other. I look around and think how I've gotten to know my team mates and that I'm so happy to be a part this team.

The food's already been set out, there is stuff to make our own sandwiches and fresh fruit to eat on the side. The girls begin to talk among themselves and the people they brought, but I walk over to an area that's quieter. Johnson and I sit down on a small picnic table that causes us to sit with our legs brushing against each other. "You have to try my sandwich, I'm a sandwich master", he tells me. I laugh and ask, "A sandwich master? I think I can make good sandwiches too." He gives me a cheeky smile and replies, "Yeah I am and I'm sure you are too. We can be masters together." He holds out his sandwich for me to take a bite, I lean over and slowly take a bite trying to not get food on my face. Surprisingly he's right this is much better than my own sandwich. He raises his eyebrow at me and asks, "Well am I right? Am I good?" I bite my lip and nod. He laughs and starts to eat his sandwich again. I break my gaze from him and pick up a strawberry to eat and dip it in cream. "Oh my...this is the best strawberry I've had in such a longtime", I tell him. Next thing I know Johnson leans over and bites the rest of the strawberry from my fingers. I gasp and playfully shove him, then start to burst out laughing when I see his mouth covered in the cream. "What?" he asks. I keep laughing, but finally reply, "You have cream all over your mouth." I lift my index finger and wipe the cream off, leaving us only inches from each other. I also now realize that I forgot to grab napkins, so I lick my finger, not realizing how sensual this seems until I barely hear Johnson hitch his breath and say under his breath, "Damn." A blush creeps up on my cheeks after taking in what I just did. How could I lick my finger especially inches from his face? Johnson gives me the happiest smile I've seen him wear. Then Ashlee's voice pulls me out of whatever moment was happening. "Come on lovebirds! The games are starting", she calls. He words only deepens the blush I have.

I look over at Johnson while we line up for the three-legged race. "Put the outside leg first, then the middle. If we do this at a fast race then we can win this thing", he tells me with determination then puts his arm around my shoulder. I smile at him, which makes him raise his eyebrow at me and ask, "What?" I reply, "I love that you care so much about this." This brings a smile to his face and he places a kiss on my cheek. "Anything for you", he whispers in my ear. I wrap my arm around his waist to steady myself. My team mate, Melissa is off to the side and starts us off, "Ok on your mark, get ready, set, and go!" Johnson and I start to move and end up in the front, but his legs are kind of longer than mine, so we're a bit off set. I tighten my grip on Johnson's waist. The finish line is right ahead and I can feel him gain more speed, but then I'm on the ground with him falling on top of me. Cheers fill my ears as I look behind as my team mate, Deandre and her boyfriend win the race. I frown a little, Johnson wanted to win so badly, however when I look back at him there's a smile on his face. "Why are you smiling?" I ask. He laughs and replies, "That was so much fun and now I'm here laying on the ground next to you." His words make my face soften. Then just like that with him half on me and half on the ground, he places a soft kiss on my lips. It doesn't last but for a second, however I can still feel it as we get up and walk towards everyone else.

On the way back up the apartment Johnson grabs my hand to make me stop and face him.
"I didn't plan to kiss you on the ground. We were kind of just lying there and I guess my mind decided to listen to my heart", he tells me. My heart starts to beat faster, that was the most beautiful thing he could've said. "Johnson its ok", I reassure him. A genuine smile appears on his face and he only nods his head, then starts to walk again. However, I'm the one to grab his hand this time to stop him. "Wait Jack...I want to talk about what you told me the night in the bathroom", I say to him. He looks back at me with uneasiness, but I keep the confidence to have this conversation. "What do you hope for us?" I straight out ask. He doesn't at first answer and looks at the ground. "I hope to be with you, I meant what I told you that night. You make me happy Abbi. I want to be the one that can hold you and kiss you", he finally replies with. I can feel tears to start to form in my eyes. I have no idea how to reply to him at this point. "Johnson I don't know what to say", I tell with the truth. He doesn't break eye contact while he says, "I know. You don't have to say anything, I'm not blind Ab about the way Hayes looks at you. And I know you can see it too, so don't say anything to me now. Wait until you know what to say, because I can tell your words will impact the rest of our friends." I take a step back and look away, his words hit home. He knows about Hayes and I. He knows the truth of the situation and yet he's been so sweet and calm. This realization only makes me feel even worse about myself, Jack is such a wonderful guy.

After I tell Johnson goodnight I walk in the apartment to find Twan busy in the kitchen. "Twan?" I ask while walking up behind him. He turns around and extends his arms so I can't see what's behind him. "No! You can't see yet, it was supposed to be a surprise", he tells me with a serious expression. I smile and back up while putting my hands up in surrender. "Fine I'll go take a shower. Will it be done when I'm done?" I ask. He smiles and nods his head yes.

I walk out into the living room in my pajamas to find the dining table already set and an excited Twan standing next to it. "Happy Monday Ab", he tells me while I approach. Spaghetti is on out plates and next to it is syrup, just like in the movie Elf. "Twan you remembered!" I yell. I had told him a while ago that I wanted to try this and he here he is being an amazing friend letting my dream come true.

_____________________________________________________________________

Thank you, thank you for continuing to read! This Summer has over 500 reads!!

Day 1 of Dash Celebration is complete!!! What did you think? Johnson and Abbi kissed again *gasp*

I dedicated this chapter to of course the man himself, Jack Johnson.

(Also remember the names of the Abbi's team mates are for the story and have no connection to the actual team)

Well until next week :)