Chapter 32

One Month Later

"Do you have everything? Did you check twice? Where's your suitcase? Do you want me to carry some of the bags down?" I get bombarded with questions from Jake as we're standing in the living room. I laugh and walk up to him to place my hands on his shoulders and reassure, "I have everything and even if I don't you can send my things to my new address, which I gave you. You're stressing out more than I am, please relax or else I'm going to start to realize how sad I actually am about leaving." He sighs and leans his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry you're right, I'm a little anxious. I guess it's from the fact that I don't want to see you leave", he tells me while wrapping his arms around me. I loop my arms around him as well and try not to think of the goodbye's I'll have to say at the airport.

"Jake. Twan. Have either of you heard from Johnson? I know Cameron said he'd meet us at the airport, but I never got the chance to say a final goodbye to Johnson after the fight I had with him", I ask while in the car going towards the airport. Jake reaches over to grab one of my hands. "Ab I'm sure it'll get better in the future. Give him time", he tells me with sincerity. I bring his hand up to my face and place a kiss on the back of his hand. "Thank you, I'm sure you're right", I comment. A sigh escapes my lips while I turn to look behind me at Twan, except he's on his phone so I just stare out the window.

I loop my arms around Jake and Twan as we walk into the airport. The closer it gets for me to actually leave, the more I realize how much I'm going to miss the both of them. I see a group of people ahead, but instead of going around them Twan is leading us towards the group. Then it hits me as I take a better look at the faces of the people. There before me is Cameron, Kenny, Nash, Hayes, Gilinsky, and even Johnson. I stop in my tracks and stare at them, not really sure if I want to face them or not. I mean what would I even say? I haven't talked to Kenny or Johnson since over a month ago. I've seen Hayes around here and there, but things weren't exactly peachy once Jake and I officially became an item last week. I feel a hand intertwine our fingers together and give a small squeeze. I glance down at my hand and look up to Jake that's now giving me a reassuring smile, he takes a step towards the others and gives my hand a little tug. I sigh and follow after him, making sure to keep my grip on Jake's hand.

No one is saying anything as I stand in front of everyone. We're just staring at each other and standing awkwardly. "I hope you have a safe flight to Houston. Make sure to come see us soon", Nash breaks the silence and steps forward to give me a brief hug. "Yes have a safe flight. I'm so happy to have met you, keep in touch", Cameron comments. I smile at him while he gives me a hug as well. "I will Cam", reassuring him as I step away and come face to face with Kenny.

"I didn't know you were coming or actually I didn't know any of you were coming", I say to Kenny while glancing over to Hayes and Johnson. Kenny looks at the ground then averts his gaze back to me as he says, "I didn't know if I was coming either. It was a last minute decision, but I couldn't let you leave thinking I hated you." A smile creeps on my lips and I take a step towards him while asking, "Meaning you don't hate me? Can we just be friends now?" I'm staring at Kenny's face and a smile breaks out on his face too. "Yeah that sounds good. Friends. Abbi I hope to see you soon then", he replies.

"Well I'll be next then", Gilinsky speaks up and throws his arms around me. "You be good, you hear? I'll miss you Ab. Call me as much as possible", he tells me. I laugh and think about how happy I am on getting back to our friendship in these last couple of weeks. "Don't worry. I'll be ok and will miss you too Gili", I reassure him. He steps back but places his hands on my shoulders while leaning down to be eye level. "Keep in touch or else you'll force me to go down to Houston and hunt you down", he firmly says, but at the end gives me a wink and smile. His arms drop and he gives my shoulder a slight nudge while adding, "Have a safe flight Ab." As he steps away from me I know I now have to face Hayes and Johnson. I look at my shoes, not sure what to do at this point. However, once I hear Hayes' words, Can I talk to you alone, I look back up in surprise. I only nod my head, not able to say anything. As I step away from Jake I give him a quick glance and find an expression I don't recognize.

"Are you truly happy with him? Does he make you happy?" Hayes asks right off the bat. My eyes widen, I don't know if I want to have this conversation with him. I nod while replying, "He does. I'm sorry I hurt you in the process of discovering my feelings." I take a step forward to place my hand on his arm and give it a small squeeze before turning around to return to the others. "Wait", his voice makes me stop. I don't turn back around though, I don't even want to chance seeing any more pain on his face. "I'm happy for the two of you. I truly am. I don't want to say we can be friends, because at this point I don't think I can face being around you when you're with him. However, maybe someday we can be friends. Someday when I can see Jake touch you and my heart won't ache. I hope you understand", he tells me. I can feel water start to collect in my eyes as I say, "I do. I completely understand Hayes. I wish happiness for you too and until we see each other again, goodbye Hayes." Then I return back to the others, except I find Hayes has left, because Nash is now leaving as well.

Jake gives me a look of concern, but I smile to reassure him that I'm ok. I'll be ok. I turn towards Johnson to find him already staring at me. "Johnson..." I begin to say, but he interrupts with, "I want you to know I've been avoiding you only because I needed time to think about what I wanted to say, not because I couldn't stand to look at your face. So here it is, I know you never had feelings for me like I had for you and I'm ok with that now. I'll always remember this summer. I am however sorry for ever making you cry. There were times where I couldn't think straight and I was too angry with my selfish reasons to see what I was doing to you was wrong. I shouldn't have told you about Carter, it wasn't my place to do so, and I should have never tried to make you feel guilty for having feelings for someone that wasn't me. I'm happy for the both of you." I gasp and stare at Jack with surprise. This was not how I imagined our conversation going. "What does that mean for us? Are we able to be friends again?" I ask. Jack smiles at me and answers, "Nope." Then he takes a step towards me and adds, "Don't you remember when we first met, that I told you we'll become best friends. Well Abbi, I don't want you to just be some ordinary friend, because honestly I feel like we've been through so much together, that only leaves the option to be my bestie." I smile at him and take the step to close the distance between us. "That sounds amazing", I whisper into his ear.

Twan and Jake are the only ones to say goodbye to now. "Don't say it. Don't say goodbye", Twan tells me. I smile at him while poking his side and asking, "You know I'm leaving right?" He laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulder to pull me close. "Yes I know. It's just I don't want you to say goodbye, because I'll be seeing you soon. So instead let's say, until next time", he replies. I look up at him and agree, "Ok. Until next time Twan." He drops his arm and tells me, "We'll give you some space to talk to Jake." Then just like that I watch the others walk away and give me one last wave, before it's just Jake and I.

"So you and Johnson are friends again?" he asks right away. I smile at him while wrapping my arms around him. "Why jealous?" I tease. Jake scoffs and tells me, "No...I don't know...maybe a little." I place a kiss next to his lips and tell him while looking into his eyes, "I love you and you'll always be on my mind. This time I'm not going to give up our relationship, because I know what it felt to be without you and I never want to feel like that again. I love you Jake." The biggest smile I've seen appears on Jake's face with happiness in his eyes as he looks at me. "I love you Abbi and I'll miss you every day, every hour, every minute you're gone", he tells me right before he smashes his lips against mine. I pull away and ask, "Not every second?" He shakes his head at me and laughs. "I love you", is the only thing he says. I laugh along and grab him to kiss him again. "I. Love. You. Jake", I tell him in between kisses.

________________________________________________________________

I can't believe it's over. THANK YOU for everyone that has read along this far into the book! It means the world to me and I love you guys! 

I hope you guys liked the ending and comment on any questions you have, I'll gladly answer any.

Remember to check out my new story, the first chapter was posted today!!!! (the title is "he doesn't know")

Thank you again for all the support :)