Chapter 31

We stare at each other, neither of us saying a word. "Did you come here to do that?" Jake finally asks. I feel my cheeks warm up and I can only imagine how bad I'm blushing. "No...I came here to confess my feelings to you", I barely get out. Jake's face lightens up and fights the urge to move closer to me, I can tell in the way he's fidgeting. "Well don't let me stop you, please continue", he comments while leaning back on the counter. I take a gulp and suggest, "Shall we sit in the living room?" He nods his head, but makes sure to never leave his gaze off of me. "I think it was always supposed to be you. You've always been the one that makes me happy. I met this older couple today and they told me they were best friends. That we should all marry our best friend to be happy, I mean don't get me wrong at first I thought that wasn't the case for everyone. However, the more I thought about it you always came to my mind when I needed someone. I know you weren't in my life these past months before I came to LA, but it was within those moments that I was hurting the most. The most important person in my life wasn't there. Sorry for rambling", I spill everything out.

"I didn't know you felt this way", he tells me right away. I cheaply smile at him and reassure, "I didn't actually know I felt this way either." I concentrate on his facial features and a smile appears on my lips. "Can I ask you something Abbi?" Jake asks all of a sudden. I nod and reply, "Of course." He bites his lip then looks away. "I want to know, if I can kiss you? I mean like really kiss you, the kind of kiss I want you to remember years from now." My breath hitches and no words come out of my mouth, so I slowly nod my head in response. I close my eyes and wait for the feeling of Jake's lips.

It isn't right away, but I don't mind. The kiss is slow at first but then it gets more passionate and I begin to lean into him. "What do I have here?" I hear a voice behind me asks. It makes me jump and smack my face against Jake's. I open my eyes to see Logan standing there with a huge smile on his face. "Oh don't mind me. I just came back from the gym and now heading to take a shower", he adds. If I thought I was blushing bad earlier, I can't imagine how red I am now. Within seconds Logan is out of the living room and leaves just me and Jake there. "Look how red you are", Jake comments while squishing my cheeks. I gasp and cover my face with my hands. I hear him laughing, which causes me to take one of my hands off to smack him. "Nice to know you're the same Abbi", Jake tells me. I smile at him and say, "I like to think that maybe you'll like me more now since you know we're doing whatever we're doing." He laughs again and questions, "Doing whatever we're doing?" I shrug and tell him, "I don't know what to call us, ok?" He takes a step closer to me and reassures me, "Baby I'll be whatever you want." I crack up laughing so hard I end up bending over laughing.

"Did you just use a pickup line on me?" I finally ask once my laughing subsides. He takes one of my hands into his and replies, "I didn't want you to feel embarrassed anymore. But in all seriousness, I don't mind what you decide to call us. If you want to go straight into being a couple, I'm all for it. But if you want to take things slow, then I'm ok with that too. Plus I love hearing your laugh." I give his hand a little squeeze and say with sincerity, "Thank you Jake, those words mean a lot to me. I do however want to take it slow. I want whatever I'm feeling to last and I know if I jump right into it, I'll want to rush everything else we do in the relationship. But I want to enjoy every moment with you, take every second we're together and make it last. That's the kind of relationship I always dreamt about having when I was little." Then just like that I'm in his arms being held close to his chest. "Then that's the relationship we'll have", Jake reassures me.

                                                                                  _____________

"You always tell me when we come here that you don't want to order fries with your burger, because you'd rather have a shake. The truth is though you steal my fries, that's why you don't want your own when you can eat mine", Jake comments as he tries to shield his fries from me. I try to hide my smile as I bat my eyes while pleading, "Just one more fry." Jake stares at me for another minute then sighs in defeat. I smile at him as he leans back allowing access to his plate again. I place a kiss on his cheek and say, "Thank you Jake, you're the best." However, I reach over and grab a handful of fries. "Hey!" Jake shouts, but I turn around and scoot out of his reach. The next thing I know is feeling his hands on my side and the feeling of him tickling me. I start to laugh and beg him to stop, but he continues. The fries eventually drop from my hands and into the booth, then he stops. "I'm so sorry Abbi", he tells me right away. I look over at him and don't say a word. "You can have all my fries, I don't care. Really it doesn't matter", he adds. A smile automatically appears on my face as I tell him, "I don't care about the fries. Thanks for the offer." He raises his eyebrow at me while asking, "Why are you smiling at me like that?" My smile widens and I lean closer to him. "You're too cute", I reply then lean away. Jake's facial expression turns into shock as he keeps his gaze on me. "I am not cute. I'm sexy, hot, and manly, but not cute. You're cute", he defends. I laugh and squish his cheeks that are now a shade of light pink. "I know I'm cute. Isn't that one of the reasons you like me?" I ask.

Jake stops moving and slowly puts his hand on the back of my neck. "If I can like you through the time your little sister cut your hair off, I think I can appreciate your beauty until we're old and wrinkly", he reassures me. "Jake..." his name escapes through my lips. I don't know how to reply to his confession, it was only earlier today that I realized it was Jake I had feelings for. "How can you be so confident about us? About our future", I finally ask. He gives me a small smile before replying, "Because you're dream of a real relationship of taking it slow and being able to enjoy all the moments with someone, has always been something I've wanted with you."

My heartrate is racing and I have to look away from Jake as I feel tears in my eyes. "Abbi, did I say something wrong? Was is too strong?" he asks with concern. I shake my head no and wipe away the few tears that have fallen. "No, it's just that I've never had anyone say something so beautiful to me. Jake you mean everything to me, you always have and always will. Just remember that, ok?" I answer him and try to recollect myself. His concern is gone and replaced with a smile. "You're too cute", he tells me. I roll my eyes and playfully smack him, but he defends, "Hey I got you to feel better." I shake my head at him and say, "You always knew what to say to make me feel better." Jake wraps his arm around my shoulder and places a kiss on my temple. I lean my head on his shoulder and realize that our food is now room temperature. "Want to split my shake?" I ask, but don't wait for him to answer before taking another sip. Except I hear him say, "Wait", right before I take the sip. I turn my head towards him and ask, "What? You want the first sip?" However, he doesn't say anything. I raise my eyebrow at him and ask, "Jake? Are you..." but interrupted with his lips connecting to mine.

______________________________________________________________________

Thank you for continuing to read! The story is almost over with only one chapter left! Remember to comment your thoughts below.

This chapter is to @IIIBrixHoodIII and  @jaidalilley  

**I promised to post the summary of my next book he doesn't know, so here it is:

Vera Thompson's only concern during her Sophomore year in college was school, soccer, and her boyfriend Connor. However, her life turns upside down once she realizes her and Connor's relationship isn't the same and decides to end things. A guy she's known for a long time keeps popping up in her life in new exciting ways and every time she wants to move on Connor makes his way into her life again somehow. What is in store for Vera? Is she meant to be with Connor, her high school sweetheart, or can she have a better life without him?

 "He doesn't know how long I've wanted him to say those words again. " **

Well until next week.....the final week of This Summer :)