Chapter 15

Tuesday's here and I didn't even make an attempt to reach out to Kenny. I thought about taking someone else tonight, but it felt wrong since I had asked Kenny already and I was the one that told him to not come. As I get ready to leave Twan asks, "Are you sure you're ok with going alone tonight?" I look over at him and give him a nod while replying, "I'm laying down in the bed I made Twan." Then I walk out the door, I'm going to go own karaoke by myself, even if I can't carry a tune very well.

I walk into the bar with the karaoke and once again I'm greeted by Ashlee, I'm thinking she's the event planner for the whole celebration. "There you are Abbi! Your guy has been waiting for fifteen minutes, might I say he has a charming smile", Ashlee tells me while approaching. "I'm sorry what?" I ask confused. She can't be talking about Kenny. "Oh shoot I forgot his name. I believe it started with a K", she tells me. My breath hitches, standing off to the side is Kenny. Ashlee turns to look where I'm staring and comments, "Yeah that's the guy." I nod in her direction, but make my way towards Kenny. He hasn't noticed that I'm there, so as I walk up I hear the conversation he's having with my teammate Jasmine. "Are you Abbi's boyfriend?" she asks him. "No, I'm not the lucky guy that has her heart", Kenny replies. I gasp at his words, they're so heartfelt. He turns around from the noise I made. Cheaply I smile and look at the floor, then I feel his hand on my shoulder. I slowly look up at his face and find it curiously looking at me. "I didn't know that you would show up", I tell him. Kenny gives me that smile he always does and brushes his fingers across my cheek while telling me, "Abbi I know how much this whole thing means to you, so it means something to me that you asked me to be a part of this. We got into a fight and we each said hurtful things, but the look you're giving me now let's me know that you feel bad by what happened. Let's put it past us and kick everyone's butt tonight." I smile and wrap my arms around him. I lean up to his ear and whisper, "I am sorry for what I said." I feel him place a kiss on my forehead and lean close to me to whisper, "I'm sorry too, but I also have to admit I was wrong about you. This whole ordeal actually strengthened my feelings for you." I swear my cheeks are probably bright red, luckily someone on the microphone announces everyone's here and the singing will begin.

Ashlee's holding a bag full of numbers and the couples each get a number, but someone else also has our number, so we can battle against them. "Do you think anyone here knows I'm a singer?" Kenny asks. I laugh and look up at him while replying, "Are you doubting your popularity?" Kenny gives me a little laugh and answers, "No. I'm very popular, but I just don't think soccer players are up to date with someone as cool as me." I gasp and playfully smack his arm, but this only makes him laugh harder. The first battle occurs and to my surprise Deandre, who won yesterday, and her beau are actually good together at singer. They win this round and the next people go on stage, letting my attention return to Kenny. "Thank you for checking up on me the other day", I tell him. He looks down and stares into my eyes, I'm not usually the type to try to guess what people are feeling from their eyes, but there's happiness in Kenny's eyes as he looks at me. "You've been on my mind since the day I met you", he tells me while never breaking eye contact. This leaves me speechless, how can I respond? "Kenny", his name slips my mouth. He slowly leans down making our lips inches apart. However, if I let him me I'd feel like it would be giving him false hope and only make me more confused. Besides I already have Hayes and Johnson to worry about. I turn my head away from him and can see from the corner of my eye a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry. I thought something else of this", he tells me. Great now he feels bad. "No Kenny you didn't. I'm playing with fire and now just realizing it", I say not entirely to him though. "What does your heart tell you Abbi?" Kenny asks all of a sudden. "What do you mean?" I reply with a question. He takes a step forward and brushes some of my hair out of my face, while answering, "Whose touch do you crave? Whose goodbye's hurt the worst? Whose kiss do you want to last longer? Whose arms do you want to stay in?" Tears start to form in my eyes, because there's a name and face that flashes in my mind. Chance. The last person I want to be with. The person that broke my heart. Kenny's face softens and when he says the next word a tear falls. "Chance", he tells me. I nod and Kenny's there to wipe away the tear. "Ab I know right now it's hard, but one day your heart will open up again and you'll let in the right guy. The one that will never hurt you like Chance did", he reassures me while wrapping me into his arms. His words make me feel better and I lean up to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you", I whisper.

Our number's being called, so Kenny releases me while taking me hand to lead me towards the stage. I realize once up there we never even picked a song, but I guess Kenny already had a song in mind, because he's at the computer picking one. He looks at me and says, "Follow my lead." I nod and hear the music of "I Know You Were Trouble" by Taylor Swift start to play. A smile creeps on my face, she's my favorite. Kenny grabs the microphones and hands me one, then takes my hand into his again and begins to sing while keeping his gaze on me. He gives my hand a little squeeze and then I start to sing, but he harmonizes with me. Everything in this moment; the people; the place around us; the actual lyrics; it's only Kenny and I right now. The song ends and everything returns to normal, the crowd of my teammates roar with cheers. Kenny's looking at me with the biggest smile and I can't help but smile along. Carrie, my teammate, and her best friend go next, they are the ones that are going up against us, but I'm only keeping my gaze on Kenny. I've never had anyone sing to me, but something about the way he was looking at me and the way his voice spoke wonders, I feel incredible right now. The next thing I know Kenny rushes me onto stage, we won the round.

"Kenny you've opened my eyes", I tell him while leaning my hand against his shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and asks, "How so?" I'm not sure how to describe to him how he made me feel up on stage. "Back there when you were singing and looking at me..." I begin to tell him, but he interrupts with, "I understand now." I don't know what comes over me, maybe it is being in his arms or the fact that he can understand what I am trying to say, but I lean his head to face me and place my lips on his. It isn't long, but right when I pull away he leans in to make it last longer. Then it hits me what I'm doing and I actually do pull away this time. Our name is called again, but this time I'm afraid of going on stage. I don't want to make my thoughts clouded again. Once on stage I choke on my part and we lose the round. Kenny still keeps his smile though, that only brings me to feel even worse.

Walking up to my apartment door, there's silence between Kenny and I. "Hey Kenny you never told me who made you feel that way? You know, the way that your heart wants you to feel", I ask him to try to bring conversation. I go to get my key out when he replies, "It's you." My whole body freezes and I drop the key from my hand. "How?" is all I can ask. "I wasn't sure who at first, but after our kiss tonight I knew it was you", he replies. "Those aren't the words I wanted to hear, I'm sorry Kenny", I tell him while water is beginning to collect in my eyes. He nods and tells me goodnight. I walk into the apartment and find Twan asleep on the couch. However, he sits up once I walk over. He frowns and stands up to take me into his arms.

________________________________________________________________________

Once again, thank you for everyone that's reading!! 

I couldn't help myself from picking a Taylor Swift song, I almost picked "Jealous" by Nick Jonas because I've heard Kenny actually do a cover of the song and it's really beautiful. I'm not sure if Kenny has ever done a cover of "I Knew You Were Trouble", so if anyone knows, it would mean a lot if you could comment below if you've heard him sing it and where.

Anyway DAY 2 is complete of the Dash Celebration! Did you think Kenny would show up? What did you think about Abbi's breakdown about Chance? (I mean they were together for six years) What are your thoughts about Kenny and Abbi? Do you ship them? From everything that's happened in the story so far, who do you prefer her with? Comment below, I like to hear your thoughts! I haven't finished the story yet, so I'm still deciding who she ends up with..

And sooo sorry for the late update, I usually try to get it on Sunday, at latest Monday. Yet here it is Tuesday late-night/Wednesday early-morning. But I've been busy these past days, I'll try to not let it happen again though

Well until next time :)