Chapter 25

The past couple of days have been a dream. Hayes and I are really together. Every time I see him, his lips reach mine in seconds. His hand holds mine wherever we go. Except now we're going to tell the other guys and I have to face reality.

"I have something for you", his words bring me back from my anxieties of what's going to happen once we tell everyone. I stop pacing in front of him and question. "You got me something?" He smiles that smile he wore on the day at the beach. "Yeah I'm allowed to get my girlfriend gifts", he tells me. Hayes leans down close to my lips and I hitch my breath, however he leans away and whispers, "Close your eyes." My eyes shut and I feel him move over my hair, then there's something cold on my neck. "Ok open your eyes", he says. I open them to find he's in front of me now, but immediately I look down. Now around my neck is a necklace, which has a cursive H dangling down from it. "For your name, right?" I ask Hayes with a smile. He nods while replying, "This way I'll always be with you wherever you are." I step forward and pull him closer to me. "It's beautiful Hayes. Thank you", I tell him right before I place my lips on his.

"Take a deep breath and don't let go of my hand. I'm right here", Hayes reassures me as we stand in front of Jake's apartment door. I had asked everyone to join me here. I knock on the door finally, but to only hear a faint, "Come in", through the door. Hayes opens the door and sure enough I see eight faces turn towards Hayes and I. We walk towards them and I whisper to Hayes before we reach the others, "I can't talk." He laughs slightly and tells me, "You just did." I shoot him a look, but he only nods his head as if he understands that he'll do the talking. My eyes lock with Johnson's and I have to look away. It feels wrong for me to be happy with Hayes. "I'm just going to come out and say it, Abbi and I are together", Hayes announces. "Since when?" Cameron's voice is the first to ask. I move my eyes from the floor to the rest of the guys and regret it immediately. Cameron has confusion, Johnson looks hurt, Kenny looks angry, Jake has no emotion on his face, and Twan is the only one with a smile on his face. I look back to Hayes and move closer to him to snake my arm around his. "A couple of days ago", I finally reply. Kenny gets up and walks towards the door, before he walks out he turns and looks at me one last time. "Maybe next time when you want to break a guy's heart don't do it in front of all his friends", he tells me. Then he's gone.

My mouth's gaping open and there's a part of me that wants to go after him, but I know it would do no good. I step away from Hayes and go sit down in one of the giant bean bags. "I'm happy to hear this. I'm happy for you guys", Twan's voice brings me to look at him. I smile slightly at him and say, "Thank you T." However his words set off everyone to begin to talk.

"I'm confused what about our conversation last Wednesday? This was not what I thought tonight was going to turn into", Gilinsky asks.

"I guess I'm supposed to say congrats for getting the girl Hayes", Cameron comments.

"I had no idea you felt this way Ab", Jake speaks out.

"Good job bro", Nash encourages.

But it's Johnson that I'm waiting for. Preparing myself to not cry, except he doesn't say anything. Nothing at all. Which ultimately hurts the worst, because I know he's in pain by not saying anything. So I decide to acknowledge the others and their questions. "Gili I was confused and I didn't really know my feelings, but now I do", I reply to Gilinsky first. He looks at me, then at Johnson and back to me. But I understand now, he's going to be there for Johnson before he and I can go back to normal. I can feel my eyes getting ready to collect tears, so I turn towards Cameron. "I hope we can be ok Cam", I tell him. He nods his head and says, "It's ok Abbi. We can be friends, don't worry." I give him a small smile before facing Jake. From the look Jake's giving me now, I think in the back of his mind he never thought I'd actually end up with one of the guys. "Jake I thought you wanted me to pick someone?" I ask him. He looks me in the eyes and replies with, "I thought you would have told me, I thought we told each other everything." I frown and try to explain myself, but he interrupts with, "I'm sorry. You're right though, I did want you to settle with one of them. I was just surprised to be hearing about it days later." I go to move closer to Jake, but he gives me a look saying that he doesn't want to be comforted by me right now, so I look away.

After minutes of silence I finally find the courage to ask, "Johnson can I talk to you in the other room?" His eyes shoot up to mine, but again he doesn't say anything, only stands up from where he was sitting. So I walk out of the living room into the closest bedroom, where I do hear the door close behind me. I turn around to find Johnson in the brink of tears. "Johnson", I begin to say, but he interrupts with, "I think in the back of my mind I knew you'd choose Hayes, but still hoped you'd love me back. I have to say, you're pretty incredible to still pick him after everything that happened with Carter." I raise my eyebrows and ask, "What thing with Carter?" Johnson's face looks away from me and he takes his time to finally reply, "Carter had an on-again off-again girlfriend. Everyone knew about their strange relationship, but one of the times that they were off, well let's just say her and Hayes..." I put my hand up for him to stop. "Please don't continue Johnson. I don't want to hear you say it", I plead. "I didn't know that you didn't know or I would have never mentioned it", he tells me. I shake my head no and say, "Don't apologize. Thank you for informing me." Johnson steps closer to me and I allow him to give me a hug. "Tell me it isn't actually that bad. Tell me it isn't the reason Carter and him aren't talking', I say while tears are slowly falling down my face. "I'm sorry Abbi I can't lie to you", he whispers while holding me in his arms and I cry on his shoulder.

"You can go back out there. I kind of want to be alone in Jake's room. I'll be fine", I tell Johnson. He looks at me with concern, but eventually nods his head and leaves the room. I lay down on the bed and think over what Johnson just told me. How could Hayes betray Carter like that? You know what that's not what is getting to me, it's the fact that after everything it turns out Hayes is just like Chance. I ended up with the very person I least wanted to be with at this point in my life. Well I'm not going to be hurt again, I won't sit back and knowingly love someone that will break my heart.

I sit up suddenly, causing the necklace to flop around. I reach up for it and trace the H. How is it that the guy I'm falling for, the guy that gave me this necklace, can be the same guy Johnson was talking about? I stand up and walk out of the room to find that all eyes are on me now. "I think I'm going to head back to the apartment now", I inform everyone. Twan stands up and asks, "Want me to go with you?" I shrug and reply, "If you want." Then I add, "Sure that sounds good T." I can't take my anger out on him. "I can come with", Hayes speaks up. I look over at him and say, "No it's ok. I'm going to go get ready for bed anyway. I'll see you tomorrow Hayes." Then I leave out the door with Twan behind me. Maybe everything really isn't as bad as it seems. Maybe I just need to sleep it off. Maybe Hayes and I will be ok. Maybe.

_________________________________________________________________________

Thank you again and again to everyone that's reading! 

I know this chapter is totally crazy, but bear with me. It was really hard for me to pick the guy that Abbi would end up, so when I finally decided on Hayes, I knew that I couldn't let them have a perfect relationship. Do you think Abbi will be able to get past this and fix things with Hayes? Well you'll find out in the next chapter...btw 7 more chapters!

So this chapter goes to Johnson, the person Abbi was really worried about telling the truth of her relationship with Hayes. Also the person I was torn between picking for Abbi.

P.s- Go check out my friend's story (@Daebak123). He just started on wattpad and I want to help his story get noticed. It's about the Korean idols Jin (from BTS) and  Eunji (from A-Pink). The name of the story is Like a Butterfly| Jin and Eunji (BTS and A-Pink). 

Well until next week :)