Chapter 10

I finally tell Twan everything, from kissing Hayes to the heartfelt goodbye at the airport. "Can you ever forgive me?" Twan asks. I take his hand into mine and reply, "T both of us aren't perfect. Let's both just put this behind us." He smiles and gives me a hug. We stay like this, until he asks, "Do you have feelings for Hayes?" I sit back in my spot and think about this. "I don't know", I finally reply. There's something on my mind as well. I know Twan's my friend, but there's something bothering me about his behavior. "Do you have feelings for me?" I blurt out. Twan stiffens next to me and looks away. "Why would you ask that?" he replies with a question. "I just want you to be with someone that makes you happy", he adds. I nod and drop the subject. "I invited Kenny to dinner. Why don't you come along?" he mentions. I've never met Kenny Holland before, so I reply with, "I'd love to come along and meet him."

We walk into this restaurant and I find Kenny right away, he has the biggest smile on his face. Might I say, it takes my breath away. "Well, well, might this beauty be the one and only Abbi I've heard about?" Kenny asks while taking my hand and kissing it. I blush and reply, "Well aren't you a gentleman." He smiles again and pulls a chair out for me to sit. Twan takes the seat next to me and has an uneasy expression. I grab his hand under the table and his face automatically softens. He gives me a smile and returns to Kenny. "Will you excuse me?" Twan asks while getting up and walks towards the restroom. "So Abbi, I'm so happy we've finally got to meet. All my friends have talked about you, but I've been busy this past week", Kenny tells me. I nod and say, "Yeah I'm happy to meet you too." He smiles and leans back while casually asking, "We should hang out sometime. Can I get your number?" I tell him my number and seconds later I feel a vibration from my phone. "Can I take a picture with you for the contact photo?" he asks. I laugh softly and go to his side of the table. We're both smiling then last second he turns and places a kiss on my cheek. I'm totally caught off guard, but I must say the picture looks amazing. It looks like I'm happy while he places a kiss on my cheek and I'm smiling. "Send that to me", I demand. "It looks really good", he comments. I laugh and ask, "Meaning we look good?" He looks at me and replies, "Those are your words." Now noticing how close Kenny's face is to mine. Luckily Twan show's up and I return to my seat. I don't know if Twan saw what went down, but he does scoot my chair closer to his and drapes his arm around my shoulder. Honestly I don't know what was happening before Twan showed up. What am I doing?

After dinner we all go back to Twan and I's place, I open the door and find there's already a lot of people there. I look over at Twan and raise my eyebrows. He smiles and brings me close to him while whispering, "It's a welcome home party." I shake my head at him and ask, "What about my stuff?" He smiles again and replies, "Got it covered Ab, Jake brought it over." He points to Jake, funny how at that moment Jake looks over at us. I turn to Twan and ask, "Can I invite Dillon from next door?" He gives me a questioning look and replies, "Sure. I didn't know that you knew him though." At this I rush out of the apartment and go next door, knocking on the door. It opens revealing Dillon, he gives me that dimpled smile and I can't help but smile back. "Are you doing anything right now?" I ask right away. He shakes his head no. I smile even bigger, then say, "Come next door then." He doesn't answer right away, but eventually agrees.

When I walk into the apartment everyone turns my way. I clear my throat and grab Dillon's hand to bring him forward. "This is Dillon, he lives next door", I tell everyone. Dillon smiles and says, "Hey everyone." I get a glance at Twan and he's whispering to Johnson. Then I see Hayes, he's staring at my hand. Oh. It's still holding Dillon's. I drop our linked hands and the party goes back to people talking among themselves. Someone to the left of Dillon begins to talk and he walks off with them. "What did you do today?" I hear Hayes voice ask. I turn towards him and find a happier expression than earlier. But it still bothers me. "Hayes can I talk to you over here where it's more private?" I ask him. We actually just go in the bedroom. "You can't get jealous all the time, it makes me uncomfortable", I blurt out. He's taken back and surprise is over his face. "Jealous? Ok you know what, yeah I'll admit it. I get jealous. I like you and I know you like me, so don't get mad at me for getting a little upset when I see you showing affection with someone else. How would you like it if I did it?" he asks me with irritation. I sigh, he's right. I don't think I'd like it, but I know this isn't healthy for either of us. "I'd be jealous, but Hayes we have to stop doing this to each other", I reply while sitting down on the edge of the bed. He grabs my hand and sits on his knees in front of me. "Then tell me you don't want me. That even if I wait for you, you won't want me", he tells me. I look into his eyes and try not to get lost in them. I force myself to look away, but he places his fingers on my cheek and turns my face back towards his. "Tell me", he whispers while slowly inching forward. I finally say, "I can't, because I don't want to lie to you. I like you Hayes." Then in seconds his lips are on mine.

____________________________________________________________________

Thank you for everyone that's reading! I can't believe "This Summer" is almost at 300 reads, it means so much to me. I'm sorry  though that this chapter was a little shorter than usual.

I dedicated this chapter to Kenny and Hayes, because I thought they both were important. With the introduction of Kenny in the story and of course with the kiss at the end between Hayes and Abbi.

So what do you guys think about that kiss? Mixed feelings? Do you like Abbi and Hayes together? If not, who do you think she's good with? I can tell you now, that she's definitely a flirt, but only needs one guy to gush over to calm down.

Well until next week :)