Egg's Cradle

Egg's Cradle, a place where a child's egg character is born. In the end, it depends how the child takes care of it...

This thought would always come up whenever I'm in Egg's Cradle. Embryo flies over to me with a small clipboard in her hands.

"Ciel~! When are you going to find a better place to stay?" Embryo puffs her cheeks and pokes my forehead with a small pencil.

I shrug. "I don't see why Egg's Cradle is the best place for me."

"Humph!" Embryo frowns and folds her arms. "I know this place gives you rest from our goal, but still-"

"I'll pretend to be Hinamori Amu's big sister and live at her place." I get up from laying down. "As the saying goes, keep-"

"Your friends close and your enemies closer."

I turn around to find an older version of the 'prince' kid that I saw earlier. I slightly glare at him. "Who are you and how did you get this far?"

"I'm Amakawa Tsukasa, and your little friend there showed me to this secrete part of Egg's Cradle." He points at Embryo.

I stared at her in shock. Why would she? I take out Empty Chain and point at the box with her egg. Embryo sighs, but nods. She flies over to me and goes back in her egg.

Tsukasa walks over to me and looks around. "I must say, this place seems allot more earth like than the other places in Egg's Cradle."

"That's because I live here." I answered and made the Empty Chain shrink to my wrist size.

He looks at the chain and notices that there was character eggs in each chain box. "So this must be the Empty Chain," Tsukasa reaches for it.

"Don't touch her!" Akuma pops out of his spot in the Empty Chain and stands in front of me in his full form.

Tsukasa takes a step back with arms up in the air, meaning no harm. I tug on Akuma's sleeve. "It's okay, go back to sleep."

Akuma glares at me, but calms down after a few seconds. "Worthless human..." He grumbles and goes back to the Empty Chain.

Tsukasa looked a little shocked from what just happened. I sit down on the grass and patted next to me. He follows and sits down.

"Before you ask, Akuma is not a Guardian Character, he's a demon and I'm his host. I tried to get something that I wanted from summoning him. But it failed in the end..." I hug my legs closer to my chest. "That's when..."

Okay make up a lie about Embryo. I really can't say her name freely. People will come after me for their wishes to be granted by Embryo!

"That's when your egg character was born." Tsukasa said what I was about to say.

I nodded. "Tenshi-chan brought me here. To let me calm down about my goal."

"Then the Empty Chain is helping you control Akuma and your other character eggs haven't been hatched yet." Tsukasa pats my head in a fatherly-like way. "You must have allot on your mind with this many Guardian Characters ready to be hatched. You can come to me whenever you need to rest."

I liked this warm feeling...is it a father or family that I want?

A tear plops onto my knees. Is that my tear?

My questioned was answered when Tsukasa softy touches my cheeks. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

I shake a little as my tears continue to flow. "Y-You really m-mean what you said?"

He nods his head and hugs me a little. "Of course."

If he was my father...I wouldn't have to pursue this eternal goal.

I felt Tsukasa let go and stands up. He smiles down at me with the most warming smile I've received. He gives me a offers me a hand to stand up. I take it and Tsukasa pulls me up.

I wipe my left over tears away and now a little. "Thank you for letting myself go..."

I hear him chuckle a little. "It seems you still need to let go of some things. When the time comes when you're stressed, come over to the planetarium near Seiyo Elementary."

I look up and see that Tsukasa was gone. When things are over, I wonder if he could adopt me...

"No!" I shake my head from that dumb thought. "Everyone has their own demons hiding inside their hearts!"

I walk towards the exit of Egg's Cradle and it leads me in front of Amu's household. I smirked at the idea of soon hacking into this family's daily life. I take out the Humpty lock in my secrete chain box of my Empty Chain.

"I'm coming for your Dumpty Key, you so called Guardians..." I kiss the Humpty Lock.