Chapter 22

1 month later

-Venice-

"Miss Halsey!" A screeching voice called out my name as a loud thud was heard from my desk. I groaned rubbing my head in the process.

I did not have enough sleep last night and I was in the hospital for pete's sake. It's been a month now and Charles is still in a coma. His parents sometimes visit to the hospital but occasionally it's his mom who visits him. He's still in a critical condition and Doctor Lewis wanted to talk to his parents about his critical state today "I'm sorry Mr. Wallace" I groan in reply trying my best not to yawn.

I like Mr. Wallace as a teacher and all but his lessons are just, i don't know, boring. I don't know whether it's the age or his mood. I think both. Whenever he talks, it's like he's talking to himself. I rest my head on my hand as a hand suddenly tapped on my shoulder.

I turned my head around only to be surprised "Austin?" A baffled expression came out of my face. He was seated right behind me and this is probably the second time that he wanted to talk to me.

"I heard Andy came over your house a month ago" He murmured avoiding eye contact.

Rolling my eyes in dismay, I faked a smile "So? What are you trying to say Austin?" I was still mad at him for banging my best friend.

"Can you at least tell me where she is Ven? Please" He started to look up, his beautiful brown eyes were broken and sad. I felt sorry for the poor boy, he never knew the existence of his child.

Can I trust him with this? After all, what's done is done. I bit my bottom lip "Do you really want to know where she is?" He vigorously nodded his head in reply.

Before I was about to tell him, Mr. Wallace suddenly appeared beside me "Ms. Halsey, Mr. Carter excuse me but haven't you seen a teacher discussing right in front of you?" He place his hands over his waist like an old lady "Ms. Halsey this is the second time that I mentioned your name don't make me send you to detention" He looked over at me and then to Austin "And Mr. Carter if you're just gonna sit there and keep on talking to Ms. Halsey, you're gonna get detention again"

I rolled my eyes secretly averting my gaze back to the blackboard. Everybody's heads were on us and as Mr. Wallace went back up to his spot, Austin tapped my shoulder again "Boring old man" He whispered which made me giggle into a fit of laughter.

The bell finally rang and I finally went back to face Austin "She's at her house' you should visit her Austin. You need to know the truth" I say and began to place my books on my bag.

"Truth? What truth?"

I shrugged my shoulders with a sad smile "Just visit her Austin, she needs you" I say and waved goodbye at him before I went out.

"Venice!" A manly voice suddenly called out my name behind the lockers which caught me by surprise. What is it with people surprising me?!

"What the fuck Cole?" I hissed at the boy who was now giggling into a fit of laughter his cheek turning red like a tomato. I gave him a glare, people were starting to stare at us with a weird look, some were glaring at me, what? Haven't they seen a cute boy before? "What the hell are you doing here?"

He finally stopped laughing and wiped a fake tear out of his eyes "That was priceless" He said as i gave him a glare crossing my arms over my chest "Okay, okay, i'm just trying to get myself a good o'l laugh, sorry"

I rolled my eyes in dismay "You miss him, admit it" I said looking at his expression. Ever since the accident happened, Cole wasn't himself lately and he kept trying to get a smile off his face. He misses his best friend, his partner in crime.

"Can we go out and have a cup of coffee? I need to talk to you about something" He suddenly said, I looked over at the time on my watch, I still have History and PE later. I hesitated at first but then sigh in dismay, I guess this talk is important.

"Fine but if I get detention tomorrow, it's your fault" I said clinging my bag on my shoulder as he ushered me outside and into the parking lot "Nice car" I commented at the sight of his black range rover, the perks of being a 'rich' kid.

--
I tap my hands impatiently on the hard wooden table as I watch the small droplets of water sliding through the glass windows, Cole was getting our coffee and the rain has just poured out like a wild horse.

Memories flashed right through my eyes as I could remember the very first day that I met Charles, I puked on his suit, he told me that I was drunk and that I got to pay him for his suit. I laugh at that memory, he was such a dickhead and a jerk but nevertheless, I love him, always have and always will.

"Here" Cole suddenly said, interrupting my thoughts. I thanked him as I sipped my coffee, I needed this for a long long time.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?"

"It's Charles parents" He looked down from his cup of coffee as he played with it, his expression was dry and rough to explain. He wasn't smiling anymore, he looks dull and weak.

"Charles parents? What are you trying to say Cole?"

"I heard the doctor talking to his parents and he said that there's no possibility that Charles would be awake anytime soon" A small tear suddenly escaped from Cole's eyes, trying his best not to pour it all out, he bit his bottom lip and continued "It's been a month already and they have no hope for Charles and if he doesn't wake up by next week, they'll..."

"They'll what Cole?" I tried my best not to cry my eyes out in front of a coffee shop. Small tears started to stream down my face as I wiped them out frustratedly.

"They'll get him out of life support"

"No" I shake my head vigorously, this isn't true, his parents aren't gonna give him up, it's just been a month and now the doctor wanted to give him up? What kind of doctor is he? A killer who kills his patients without mercy?! "You're joking Cole, stop it" I contained everything inside of me but I couldn't. Tears streamed down my face "His parents aren't gonna give up Cole, I know that because he's their son and no parent wants their son to be killed"

Everything was happening so fast, I couldn't contain it anymore, they wouldn't do that. Sue the doctor, sue hope, sue me. This is all my fucking fault. I was on the verge of throwing everything beside me that I didn't notice that I was already lying down on the floor and everybody in the coffee shop was looking at me like I was a crazy person. Fuck them, fuck everything, fuck the doctor. Cole offered his hand for me to stand but I ignored him, I didn't need him to comfort me.

Suddenly, he hugged me from the back "No, let go! Let go! They're not taking him away and I know that! Let go!" I kept on shouting as I tried to get out of Cole's arms. He was strong and I was too weak to get out "Let go! He's not going to die! Let go!"

"Shhhh.." I heard Cole say as he get a grip of me, I could feel him crying with me "Shhh... Venice.. Shhhh"

***

OKAY, HOW WAS IT? KEEP ON VOTING GUYS! I LOVE YOU ALL! THIS IS TRULY A GREAT GIFT FROM YOU! I MEAN 50k READS?! OH MY GAHDD I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I'M CRYING RAINBOWS RIGHT NOW 😭😭💖