Chapter 14

--Venice--

I rest my chin on my palm and watch my biology teacher write notes on the board that were supposed to copy. Mrs. Veronica, is and of course, the only teacher who would treat the last day before break like any other day. Unlike the other teachers, they just gave us free times, but Mrs. Veronica is different.

Winter came so fast this year. It's been a week since the party and Charles hasn't called me yet. I guess he doesn't need me anymore but half of me needs him. I don't know why i'm suddenly needing him right now. Andy hasn't been to school for a week now and i'm worried about her. I called her a kazillion times and no one answers. My mother is still on vacation, if i am right. Trixie went home yesterday because of college and i'm the only one left at my house. Mom says she'll be back next week since her boss still needs her there.

Scribbling down the notes, i hear the watch on my left hand ticking silently. I don't know why but i just want to go home and wait for Charles to call me. He says he's gonna call me but he still hasn't called! Why would i be worried anyways? I'm just his fake girlfriend.

"Okay, class!" Mrs. Veronica says, placing down the marker on the table "That's all for today and enjoy your break and be safe always" The bell starts ringing and everyone starts to shuffle out of his/her seat.

I pack up slowly and headed towards the crowded hallway. Everyone was smiling and laughing with their friends, eager for winter break to come. I guess, i am eager for winter break too. I don't have to talk with anyone right now since i'm not in the mood. I'm never in the mood. I slung my backpack over my shoulder before heading out.

"Venice!" Someone suddenly calls my name and i stop walking. I turned my head around to find Austin running towards my direction. Strange. He never talks to me.

"May i help you?" I say as he reach over me panting breathlessly. It's kinda weird though because he was smiling at me sadly. What's wrong? Do i have something on my face.

"Do you have any idea where Andy is?" He suddenly questions. Andy? What about Andy? Heck, why does he know her name? Austin never knew Andy from the start.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion "Andy? I have no idea where she is, why?" I reply as i held my book tightly on my arms. It's kinda cold. I knew i should have brought a jacket today.

He shakes his head at me "Nothing but thanks anyways" he says and walks off towards his friend as his face was kinda glum and sad. What's wrong with him? And why the hell is he asking about Andy?

Early snow are falling from the air. I felt a snowflake land on my hair. People were hurriedly getting in their cars and pulling out of school. I need to be careful when i walk my way home.

I hate winter.

Most people love it- the hot chocolate, the piles and piles of snow, the snow angels, the snowball fights, and specifically the time where you gather around the Christmas Tree for Christmas. I hate it. Not that i hate christmas, i just hate how you have to wake up early just so you could walk out of the freezing cold and shovel the driveway.

Maybe, i'm just a bitter person when it comes to winter and Christmas. Well, i hate Christmas too. I just hate how people say that Santa Claus is real. I wrap my scarf tightly around my neck so that i wouldn't be sick over the break.

Not that it matters.

I just don't want to be resting myself in bed while people are outside enjoying and having fun with their friends. I lazily walk my feet out and headed towards my house. Remind me of getting a car when mom gets back.

--

I threw my shoes over the floor as i shut the door loudly enough for the whole room to echo. I jolt up to my room and threw my backpack on the far corner, i changed into my pajamas and a sweatshirt enough to warm myself. I plop myself lazily on my bed and close my eyes for a little bit.