Chapter 5

I fell off my desk table. I'm not kidding

"Hello?" He says "Miss Venice Halsey?"

I widened my eyes and picked up my phone "Um, yes?" i say with a gulp. I feel a sweat trickling down my neck. I can't believe Charle fucking Delacorte is on the other line.

"Oh" i heard him sigh happily "I almost thought this was the wrong number" he says as i heard him letting out a little laugh, His laugh was cute though.

I sat on the hardwood floor "Um" i say "Sorry for my foul language awhile ago" I was referring to me cursing at the phone awhile ago. I first said that when i realized that he was talking to me. I don't know even how to speak, is this the feeling wherein you had just realized that the hottest guy in the world is talking to you?

I heard him chuckle on the other end "I get that a lot"

My heart melts. I can't stop thinking about his laughs! "Um...Venice Halsey again" i say and i intentionally slapped myself for being an idiot.

"I know" he coughs a little from the other line "I just want to clarify things with you on what i am seeing and hearing" i froze "Something about me and you....dating?"

"A-a-a-about that" i stutter "I can explain..."

"Can you?" he asks. He doesn't wait for my response "That would be great then. I'm heading over to New York tomorrow to visit my relatives"

"uh.." where is he going with this?

"Great" he says, a smile on his tone "I'll meet you at one of my parent's hotel by 5:00 sharp, let's have dinner"

I pause for about a second "B-b-but..." i say, i need to think of some excuse.

And in that moment the door to my bedroom opened loudly "Venice! I need water!" i heard my mom yell.

I groan in dismay, hoping he didn't hear.

I hear Charles laughing at the other side of the line Fucker "I think it's time for you to go Miss Venice, see you!" I squeeze my eyes shut in embarassment. Urgh.

"But-"

The line went off, i stare at my phone, he just hung up on me? Rude much? Then again, i spread rumours about me dating him. I closed my phone shut and place it on the desk as i turned to face my mother.

She looks so sober in her little black dress which hung beneath her thighs, her hair was in a deep mess and it looks like she's been crying "What happened to you?" I ask her in bewilderment as i walked towards her direction.

She held her hand up in the air "Don't even get me started, i just want water" she requested helplessly.

I raised an eyebrow at her, can't she get it by her own? Then again, she's sober.

She made a pathway for me to get out, i thanked her as we both went to the kitchen. I took out the water from the refrigerator and poured her some glass "Here" i say as i handed her the glass of water.

"Have you eaten already?" She asks as she drank the water. I shook my head for a 'no'

"Why haven't you eaten?! I told you, take care of yourself" she says, so she does care for my health but she doesn't care about how i feel towards her drinking habits.

"Sorry" i shrug my shoulders at her as i went over to the living room.

"Your lucky i ordered Pizza" she shouts over the kitchen as i plopped myself on the couch, switching on the television.

My eyes widen in dismay as there was a picture plastered on the television "Is that you?" Mom suddenly pops in the living room with confusion written all over her face.