Chapter 17

-Venice-

"Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday dear Charles!" Everybody sang as Charles blew the candles on his cake. When the song ended, everybody claps and Charles started cutting his cake.

"He looks happy" i heard a voice right behind me. I turn over to see who it was,Kendall. Her low cut black dress and white pump heels made me feel consious of myself. She's sexy and smoking hot while i'm... I'm not.

I didn't bother to utter a reply as a hand suddenly touch on my shoulder "And who invited you here?" I heard Charles mother say behind my back. Did she throw the question at me or at her?

Kendall raises her eyebrows at me. I guess the question was thrown at me, i turn myself around to face at his mother, i was about to utter a reply when Charles came in the way "I invited her here mom" he says putting an arm around my shoulder with a cheeky smile on his face.

His mother raises her eyebrows at him looking over at me and him "Well, since it's your birthday i'm not gonna bother on any of your guests here" his mother says as she walks out of our way with a glass of champagne in her hand.

I let out a breath and wipe off my sweat which was now tricklimg down my face. His mother sends me chills beneath my spine "That was close" i say to myself.

Charles turns his head around to see if his ex girlfriend was still there but she wasn't. In fact, i see her kissing her ass up with Harry Styles. "Charles! Mah man! Happy Birthday!" A boy with jet black hair wearing black denim jeans and plain white shirt suddenly greeted the idiot with a smile on his face.

He looks cute and charming. But he looks nothing compared to Charles. Urgh. Damnit Venice! Stop thinking about that Horseface!

"Thanks man!" Charles say as he hug the boy that greeted him.

The boy looks over at me and smirks "Is this her?" He questions as he face Charles.

I heard Charles sigh deeply "Sadly, yes" i hear him say. I punch the jerk playfully on his shoulder "Ouch!" He complains like a little girl.

I put my middle finger up in the air and right at his face, i push him out of the way and extended my hand towards his friend "Hi, i'm Venice" i introduce myself towards Charles friend.

The boy was laughing over at Charles but stops when he notice that i was staring at her "Oh sorry, I'm Cole" the boy says, i mean Cole says, as he gratefully shakes his hand to mine "Nice to meet you Venice!"

A smile crept through my lips. I guess i made a new friend.

--

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea.

And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep.

And all those conversations are the secrets that i keep.

Though it makes no sense to me.

I swing my head to the beat of the music as One Direction were performing Little Things for the crowd to see and enjoy.

A smile never left through my lips as i enjoy every bit of the tune and lyrics. This is my jam. I was seated at the far left of the table right next to Cole. We pretty much hung out and talk a lot today. Speaking of Cole, i haven't seen Charles since the band performed. Where could he be? Probably off to neverland. Nahh, i'm just kidding. I better find the idiot before his mother suspects her son missing.

I stood up from my seat and excuse myself "Where are you going?" I heard Cole question behind my back.

I turn myself around "I have to find someone" i say.