BONUS CHAPTER

Charles

"Aren't you gonna be a man and get out of the car and apologize to her?" Cole suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts as I look over the window.

"Why would I?" I say roughly "I hurted her" I look over at the people who were cheering happily as they raise up their graduation caps up in the air, I wandered over to where she was and she was there, standing happily with her group of friends.

"Charles, she fucking loves you can't you see that?!" Cole yelled out frustratedly from the passenger seat.

"Sometimes its better to leave it this way" I said as I rolled up the window, looking away from the sight of her- hopelessly hurting because of me.

"I get that you don't remember her man, but" He started to say "You shouldn't hurt her this way, you shouldn't act like a little bitch right in front of her"

I look down, ashamed, I have hurted a girl who loves me for me. A girl who accepts me despite the fact that I don't remember her at all. I was such a jerk to her back then and I didn't come to realize that she only cared for me, she fought for the love that she had hoped with the man that didn't even appreciate any of her efforts.

"You should read this" He handed me over a piece of paper, I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion "It's a letter from Venice, she wants you to read it"

I got the paper from his hand "What are you looking at?"

He shrugged his shoulder "You're such a girl"

"Preston, can we go back to the hotel please" I called out the driver and he nodded his head, driving away as I gripped on to the letter, looking at it with full of curiousity.

I could feel Cole staring at me with curiousity "Why are we going back to the hotel?" He questioned.

"I just want to read the letter alone"

---

Dumb fuck it Charles Delacorte, don't be such a baby and just read the fucking letter. A thought said inside my head as I paced around the room, looking over at the paper on the desktable.

Without any hesitation, I furiously get the paper and opened it.

Dear Charles Delacorte,

I want to thank you for letting me experience the love that I deserve even if it was just for a short while, you made me see what love is really like. Even if we didn't officially became a couple, I atleast ended up to be your "fake" hired girlfriend. At first I thought it was stupid but then I realized that I was slowly falling for you, hard. I know you don't remember any of these but I just wanted you to know that I had the best kiss of my life with you. The moment you kissed me in the Rockwell Christmas Tree was the best moment in my life, imagine fireworks exploding and the song of Ed Sheeran playing, it was beyond magical. I felt like I was in a fairytale. You were the prince charming riding in a white horse and I was the damsel in distress. Thank you for making me love again without realizing it, thank you for making me love you even if you dont feel the same way. We both belong to two different worlds, you being the heir of your business and me, just plainly the girl that would never stop loving you.

Remember the day when we slow danced to the song of Sam Smith? On that day, I started to fall for you. It was stupid of me to take on the rule that I would never fall for you but I eventually ended up loving you. Despite of my little white lie, you eventually agreed upon to be my fake ass boyfriend, trust me I would want to delete that "fake" word if I have to but here's the thing- 'There would never be an us.' You said so yourself and I couldn't disagree. You were just a dream that I once knew and I should slowly accept that. Love is like a drug, you know. It gives you a rush, a kind of high that's like no other. It makes you feel taller in this big world; it makes you feel stronger under society's heavy weight. But when that sort of feeling is suddenly taken away from you, you become ill, like a drug withdrawal. You feel your body shake as you cry. You get sick. You feel your mind is a haze.