Chapter 5: It was just a kiss (2)

Venice

He rolled his eyes in dismay "This is Venice" he suddenly mentioned my name out in the middle of a heated conversation"Venice Halsey, my girlfriend" Before I could even mutter up a reply, his hands cupped my face and before I knew it, his lips touched mine passionately, gasps escaping from the lips of the people sorrounding us.

Shocked. Embarassed. Speechless. That was what I felt. I tried to ball my fist up to punch this guy because this surely wasn't in our fucking agreement. It would have been easy to just punch him in the nose to get it over with. Unfortunately and fortunately, I couldn't. I could feel someone glaring beneath our backs, ready to kill someone.

His lips pulled away from mine, his blue eyes capturing my sight of curiousity, he looked at me warily with a mere look of apology. People around were still shocked from the process of Brandon fucking Parker, actually kissing me in front of his parents, his group of friends, and Charles fucking Delacorte.

Everyone looked at us in mere silence, with his mother utterly shocked from the process of seeing his son kissing another girl whose beyond her reach of wealth. Someone suddenly clapped their hands in dismay with a whistle and it was none other than Alec Gray, the guy with a drunk mind of alcohol seeping through his thoughts of craziness "That was hot!" He commented with a playful smile, laughing his ass out and just like Alec, Nate laughed with him too which made Jordan smack their heads out in annoyance.

My eyes didn't look over at other peoples reaction, all I looked at was the amount of curiosity with those gorgeous brown eyes, questioning me if it's true. I couldn't talk to him. I couldn't say it to him. I couldn't just explain to him everything with a horde of people gathering around us. We were like strangers in a different country. This isn't New York after all. No one knew about Venice Halsey falling for the rich billionaire. No one knew about that one kiss that made sparks fly all over my heart. No one knew how Charles Delacorte hurted me. And no one specifically knew how much I sacrificed myself for this man. The amount of white lies and the amount of fake relationships, that was my relationship with him, nothing more, nothing less and I knew that.

"I couldn't force myself to be in a relationship with someone I don't know" I heard Brandon say, interrupting me from my thoughts as he held my hand tightly "I'm sorry" he bowed down before his parents and before I could even react to what was happening, he pulled me out of the sight of everybody. People were looking at us and I could hear his mother shouting from afar, probably dissapointed by her son's actions.

As he dragged me out of the doorway, we both got in his black BMW car. He got in the driver's seat as he planted his head on the steering wheel with a sigh, probably tired from all the expectations that his parents wanted him to be. I could hear him sniffling from beside me, he was crying. A sight that I would never expect to see. Brandon Parker, the golden boy, the guy who always aces his test with A's and the guy that I probably thought was happy from all the luxury and riches that he was born with, was actually crying. He looked miserable and I didn't know what to do.

I soothed my hand on his back, trying to comfort him "Are you okay?" I tried to say as he shook his head in reply with a sniffle.

"I'm sorry that I kissed you"

I rolled my eyes at him in annoyance, it wasn't what I was expectig as an answer from my question "I would probably smack you in the head right now for surprisingly kissing me but" I looked at him in concern "You didn't answer my question"

"I'm perfectly fine, still suave as ever with my gorgeous face" he was forcing it out. I knew that he was still forcing it. I knew that inside he must have felt shattered, but he forced to keep being playful.