Ch-13 I Won't Believe It

Ji Yeonhee woke up but instantly shielded her eyes with her hand. The white light all around her and not to mention the exceptionally white walls hurt her eyes and blinded her.

"Where....am I in the hospital?" she thought to herself and sat up on her bed.

The patients lying all around her convinced the fact that she indeed WAS in the hospital. She felt someone's hand clutching hers. It was Min. When Ji Yeonhee woke up Min was asleep. She probably woke up when she heard her stir.

"Yeon Hi, how do you feel now?"asked Min worried.

"Okay I guess, but were you crying?" she asked noticing Min's puffy eyes.

She noticed her mom comong toward sher. What the hell had happened, that mom had to come to the hospital?

"Ji Yeonhee... I have to tell you something" her mom said sitting down beside her.

"You're scaring me mom..." said Ji Yeonhee.

Tthe thing is...well actually you...this is so hard to say but....you see it all actually started earlier this month. You kind of....well didn't you ever feel a pain in your lungs...or maybe breathlessness?"her mother asked.

"I don't recall...Wait a minute, now that you asked, I did feel a pain in my chest...I'm not really sure whether in my lungs or not, but it usually happened after my morning jogs. So I thought that it was natural.  Is something wrong with me?" she said.

"Ji Yeonhee, its a little serious in your case. You might have lung tumor, BUT" her mom raised her voice when she saw Yeonhee trying to interfere, "The doctor says, that still in the initial stage, if you just go through a surgery--"

But this time Ji Yeonhee cut her off.

"Wait a second, is this a joke...hidden camera? "

Her mom shook her head. It was true. Yes, it wasn't serious, but the situation wasn't fun either.

It still didn't sink in, until the doctor showed her the x-rays.

"So, you can cure it right?" she asked the doctor, a blank look on her face.

Chanyeol had told her countless times to get a checkup whenever she felt the chest pains, but she had never listened.

"Yes, it can be done. And you're in no imminent danger either. It's just a small surgery." the doctor replied.

She sighed and asked for some time to discuss it with her family. Although there wasn't much to discuss. It was critical for her to get a surgery right now. However, she just wanted to be left alone for some time, to become stable again.

But no matter how much she tried, all she could think of was Chanyeol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------