Ch-14 I Think I'm a Lucky Guy

Ji Yeonhee had decided to undergo surgery after a lot of thinking. But right now she really wanted to talk to Chanyeol.

"I'll not tell him about my lung tumour yet." she thought to herself.

She had spent the whole night in the ward, and her mom had come to pick her up in the morning. It was almost ten by the time they reached home.

Once in her room, she undressed and put on her pajamas. She tossed herself on the bed and after staring at the ceiling for a few minutes. All she wanted to do was go to sleep. She had had a hard time sleeping yesterday night. She closed her eyes, and sleep came naturally.

She was woken up by the sound of something falling...more like hitting. She got up in a stupor, and looked around her.

*THUD*

There was that sound again. She got off her bed, and stood at the middle of the room, wide awake now.

"What the..." she said to herself.

This time, she clearly heard the sound towards her window. She froze in fear. What is this new paranormal shit? She walked over to the window, and peeped from behind the curtain. Chanyeol standing there with a bunch of flowers and a stone in his hands.

She stared in shock. Quicly flattening her hair, she rushed to the backyard, and opened the door so suddenly, that he almost fell down from the shock.

"What are you doing here at this time hour of the day...I mean uh-night?" she whispered down to him. "Were you planning on breaking my window?"

"Sorry, but I called you a hell lot of times but you didn't answer and you didn't even respond to my messages." He said guiltily throwing the stone away.

"Look I know you are really annoyed at me...you know the interview thing...I don't know why I even accepted to do that...but I can explain. I really can."he said rubbing his neck.

"I'm not annoyed or angry." She said.

Like hell she wasn't.

"And I also have no time to talk to you." she said shutting the door.

"Ji Yeonhee...wait!"

"What? Look I'm sleepy and it's already eleven thirty!"she said getting pissed off.

"Wait...just two more minutes."he said eagerly.

"Chanyeol, can't we just talk tomorrow?" she said.

"I'll sing for you! Right now!" he said surprisingly.

"What? You'll do what?" she asked her eyes round.

"I'll sing to you, but just please stay"he said and cleared his throat.

He started singing Lucky. Eventually even Ji Yeonhee got so engrossed in his singing that she just stood there listening to his voice. His voice which was so deep that you felt soothed and relaxed on hearing it. He came to his rapping part—

Sajin sogui hwanhan misowa (We smile brightly in the photo)

neowa naui hwansangui johwa(We're a perfect harmony)

I think I'm a lucky guy neomu joha (I think I'm a lucky guy, I like it so much)

urin jigeum kkumsogui donghwa(We're in a fairytale of our dreams)

Oh my god! Jeil deutgi joheun pop-pop(Oh my god it's the best thing to hear)

Geunyeo moksorin nal nogyeo like ice cream(Her voice melts me like ice-cream)

Geu moseup machi geurim(She is picture perfect)

When the song finally finished they both just stared at each other in silence. Ji Yeonhee broke the eye contact first.

"Will you come with me?" he asked stretching out his hand.

"What? Where?" asked Ji Yeonhee surprised.

"I'm taking you out on a date."he said gently ruffling her hair.

"Date? Right now!?"

"I call it a midnight date."

"In my pajamas?" she asked.

"Does it matter? Spending time together is what I want. I don't care what you wear." he said.

She held his hand, and together they walked to the place they were supposed to have their "Midnight date"