Eighteen

*Ryan's POV*

I smiled as I stared into the big brown eyes in front of my own.

"You're perfect."

"Save that talk for the mirror, Ry."

"But the sight in front of me is much more attractive than a mirror." I groaned when my ringing phone interrupted us. I checked the caller id before deciding whether or not I wanted to answer. Seeing it was Ricky, I did. "Ricky, why are you calling at three in the morning?"

"I'm sorry to bother you, I just need someone to pick me up and I didn't know who else to call." He sounded so upset and confused. I couldn't just leave him to feel that way, he needed someone.

"Where are you?"

"Chris's." That's odd.

"Ok, I'll be there soon." He hung up as soon as I stopped talking. Why does he need to be picked up from Chris's house at 3 A.M., and why did he call me instead of Balz? Whatever, I guess I should go get him. "I'll be back soon babe, I have to go pick Ricky up," I said as I slipped my shirt on.

"Why?"

"Not sure. He just asked if I could. I won't be too long." I whispered before pecking the soft lips I've come to love. "Don't go anywhere."

"I won't."

When Ricky got in the car, he curled up in the seat, letting out a soft whimper.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm too needy. I'm more of your guy's kid than your guitar player. You're all constantly taking care of me and I feel like I'm nothing but a burden." I looked over at him in slight shock.

"That's not true, you're not 'too needy', we take care of you because we love you. And it's not just you that we take care of, the band takes care of each other. We're a family, that what family does." He gave me a half smile.

"Can you drop me off at Balz's house?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He's home? I thought he said he was staying with Ghost now?"

"W-well yeah he is, but I don't want to go home and Chris 'isn't in the mood for me', so I figured I'd go there."

"You know you can stay at my house, Rick. You can stay in the guest room and just hang out tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Of course. I have someone I want you to meet anyway." He gave me a cautious look before saying okay.

When we pulled into the driveway, I told Ricky that he would have to wait in the living room for a minute. Seeing that my love was still awake, I spoke.

"Baby come here. Ricky's here and I want to introduce you."

"What, now? Babe, I look awful."

"No, you don't."

"But you can see everything." I smiled softly and held the tiny, delicate hands of the love of my life, bringing them to my lips and kissing them lightly.

"It's okay love, it's just Ricky. He won't judge you, baby, I promise. Everything will be okay."

"Okay." I melted at the gorgeous smile I was given before we went to the living room.

"Ricky." He looked over his shoulder then stood up to face us.

"Hi, I'm Alex." By the sad look and tone, I knew what was coming next, and I knew I had to fix it. "I'm Ryan's girl-"

"Boyfriend." I corrected with a smile as I wrapped my arm around his waist. "Alex is my boyfriend." I could see him bite his lip as he tried to hold his smile in. It disappeared though as Ricky stared.

"Boyfriend?" He looked at me. I nodded.

"Boyfriend." He then looked at Alex, who was nervously looking down.

"Okay. Well, I'm glad I could be the first to meet Ryan's boyfriend- who has some badass hair by the way- but yeah, it was nice to meet you, Alex."

"You too," Alex whispered with a smile as he blushed. Ricky smiled once more, then said goodnight and walked to my guest room. "Thank you, Ry." He whispered before lightly pecking my lips.

"For what babe?"

"Calling me your boyfriend."

"Don't thank me. You told me from day one what your pronouns were and that if I really wanted to be with you I had to accept who you are. I love you, so I'd shout boyfriend from the rooftops if it'd make you happy."

"I love you too."