un : kim seok jin

Choi Hyerin's POV

I woke up from my desk, realizing that I've been sitting and studying the entire night without going to bed. I looked at my phone and saw that it's 5:55am.

I stretched my arms out, massaging my shoulders and stood up from my chair, doing some exercises to get my muscles functioning properly again.

I grabbed my towel in an attempt to go to shower. I glanced at my two other roommates that are still sleeping on their beds.

Jung Haena, a cheerful and carefree girl who's doesn't even give a damn about her study. I'm kind of glad of having her around because she sometimes makes me laugh whenever I feel sad.

I took a look at another bed which is Han Soojung's bed. She's sleeping on her bed with biology textbook over her face. Well . . . she is . . how to say it . . We used to be close before but then I don't know what happened between us. Of course, we still talk but not as much as before.

It seems to me that she found these kinds of things useless. She doesn't talk a lot like she used to and she starts to study more and more. However, she still ranked second.

Finally, I, Choi Hyeri, a class president who's just turned 16 for god's sake. I don't want to be old yet but I have to. Umm . . . let see . . . what should I say about myself . . Oh, I'm a study freak. I ranked the first so teachers decided to vote for me as the class president since then.

Being class president is a pain in the ass, actually. I have a lot of lessons to review already, then there are also works I need to complete for teachers as well. I sighed and went to the bathroom to get ready.

After I've taken a shower, dressed in a uniform and tied my hair in ponytail, I went outside the bathroom. I got startled because Soojung was standing in front of me.

I moved to the left and she moved to the left as well. I moved to the right and she did the same. I lifted my face to look at her as I saw her 'pissed off in the early morning' face.

"Ya! You're getting in my way. Just get lost." She yelled, walking passed me and bumped me by my shoulder.

See? I told you. That's what happened between us now. She distanced herself from some of us for unknown reasons. I stopped thinking and walked to get my bag which is placed on the bed.

"Morning." Haena said, sitting on her bed and rubbing her eyes. I replied and got my bag then went outside the room.

Since I'm the class president, I have to be the first one to get ready. I have to arrive the class first as well. I have to check things in my class if they went wrong. I have to manage the class's money. That's why, I told you it's a pain in the ass.

I went outside the silent dorm building then I walked to another building to prepare my classroom. I greeted teachers along the way and went inside my classroom.

The desks were messy, the whiteboard was filled with drawings and paintings from the class's troublemakers. Oh, shit. Don't tell me that I have to deal with them again. The most troublesome of all is,

Kim Seok Jin.

I always got into trouble with this idiot all the freaking time. He came late every morning, disturbed the class with his so-called companions, slept in the class and many more that would make you get headache.

Even though he slept through many classes and disturbed others, there's actually one class that he paid attention to - and that is cooking class. The class that I hate to the bones.

I traveled back to reality and started to erase the whiteboard, arrange the chairs, and check the class's money. As soon as I finished, I sat down on my seat and rested. There's still some more time before the class starts, so I decide to read my biology lessons. Have I mentioned that I want to be a doctor in the future? My parents are doctors so I want to become one, too.

For a few minutes, the students started to fill the classroom. I heard chatters from energetic students, yawns from sleep-headed students, and mutters from average students.

Haena and Soojung came inside the classroom. Soojung sat down next to me in the front row and she didn't even look at me. Haena, on the other hand, was energetic as usual. She sat down behind me.

Our teacher came inside the classroom as soon as the bell rang. She slid the door closed and placed her folder on her table hardly as a signal for students to settle down.

  "Okay, welcome back again. Class." Her voice sharp and clear. She began flipping papers in her folder then she finally brought out an attendance paper on her desk.

  "Be quiet, I'm going to call your names. I will mark as absent if you don't give me a response. Arrasso?" She demands and some of the students agreed while some of them mumbled tiredly.

With that, she began calling our names.
"Choi Hyerin." She called my name and I raised my hand, giving her a response. She started calling again until I heard her phone's ringing.

"Just a moment. Hyerin, can you come over here and call the rest of their names?" She asked me and I gave her a slight nod. She then left the classroom to somewhere else I don't know.

I began calling the rest of the names.

  "Han Soojung." I looked at her as she rolled her eyes, raising her hand in the air as a response. I ticked her as present.

  "Im Minsoo."

  "Jung Haena." I looked at her and she smiled, raising her hand.

Finally . . . I gulped and clutched the pen hard. The only human creature I have always avoided.

  "Kim Seok Jin." I called his name then I looked up to scan through the class to find him. He's nowhere to be seen. I felt like a needle is being pierced out from my heart due to his absence.

The moment I was about to sigh in relief, a door slammed open revealing a tall human figure walking inside, grabbing the side of the backpack with tucked-out shirt, rolled-up sleeves, earring on the left ear, and the first two shirt buttons are unbuttoned, showing his black t-shirt.

This time, I sighed in anger. So, my daily high school life starts.