cinq : heart nucleus

Hyerin's POV

"Aish, you're scaring me to death." He said, ruffling my hair. I hit his hand and he sat back down.

My head hurts a little and I could feel my swollen cheek as I touched it. After I've examined my body, I realized that I've been skipping class again.

  "How long have I been sleeping?" I exclaimed in surprised.

  "I'm not sure . . ." Jin said then he looked at his watch on his left hand. "This is the last period." He replied.

  "What?!?" I shouted causing him to close his eyes and ears. I hopped down from the bed and stood up.

  "Oh shit, what day is today again?" I asked him with a serious expression. I almost forgot . . . to buy flowers.

  "It's-"

  "Ah! Why did I forget about it today?" I placed a hand on my forehead while searching for a way to get out from school for a few minutes.

  "What happened? Forget what?" Jin inquired as he stood up. I kept stomping the floor lightly and biting my nail.

I managed to calm down. "It's nothing." I gave him a response back.
"Let's go back to class." I said exhaustedly and hopelessly.

How could I forget to buy my flowers for my sister . . . How could I . . Forget about my sister's death anniversary . . It's today.

"Class Prep?" Jin waved his hand in front of my face to make me snap back to reality. "The bell rang. It's already time to go back to the dorm." He added.

I looked at him without saying another word. He just looked at me back in curiosity. "Let's go to the class and get our bags." He started walking outside the infirmary and I followed.

A lot of students ran along the hallway feeling excited and happy due to the fact that they can get out from class. I, on the other hand, felt so stupid for forgetting about my own sister's death anniversary. Seriously, what should I do now? Maybe I should tell mom-

"Watch out!" Jin wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him and that's when I realized that some students were holding some kind of water outside the laboratory. It seems to me that those are for the experiment of testing acid and base using pH scale.

"We're really sorry." They bowed down and began walking forward. I turned my head to look at them as they walked away then return my gazes back to where I am. I could still feel Jin's fingers curled on my left shoulder and his breath tickling my ear.

I looked up to him as he looked at me. Then he immediately turned back to his own position and coughed. "Let's go get our bags." He put his hands inside his pockets and started walking.

I followed him to the classroom and there isn't a single student there. Chairs, desk, tables, and whiteboard are in a mess. I walked toward to my seat to get my bag and scrambled my hands inside my desk to take my notebook and Haena's notebook that I borrowed her earlier.

I took out a book which was Haena's but mine was nowhere to be seen. I became panicked as I searched through my bag, inside and under my desk. There's still not a single soul of my notebook. We're going to write an essay tomorrow and I don't even know the plans.

I haven't even written them down. Haena's letters were stressing me out so I decided to put them both back to my desk. But . . oh wait! If I remembered correctly, they both fell on the floor when teacher called me to do the task at the cafeteria.

But how come Haena's book is here and mine isn't? Aish, my luck ran out today.

"What are you searching for?" Jin wore his backpack and walked toward me.