quartorze : found it

Jin's POV

In the parents' meeting room, there are Hyerin, Hyerin's mom, red hulk, my dad and I. Guess what, we have been talking about the issues nonstop. I'm so tired but I want to attend this meeting to prove that Hyerin is innocent.

  "Principal, I believe that my daughter is not the one who did it. There must be a misunderstanding." Hyerin's mom talked to my dad and he sighed exhaustedly.

  "I'm sorry, Mrs.Choi. There are enough proofs to show that she's the one who did it. The midterm exam paper was found in her bag and moreover," My dad spoke then he looked at me. "Her picture with Student Kim Seok Jin went viral in the school's page." He added.

  "That was a complete misunderstanding." I said, looking at my dad.

  "But the picture showed clearl-" I cut Red Hulk off.

  "You also knew that the lights suddenly went off during lunch break right? At that time, she went to get the patient's form paper for me because I got injured. Then when she arrived, the lights went off so suddenly that we both stumbled on our own feet. Do you need more explanation?" I explained tiredly.

  "Which means she went inside the teacher's office right? Did she not realize that there's a sign on a door that said students should not enter since exam papers are on teachers' desks?" Red Hulk asked and we became silent.

  "But the students will get punished if they don't complete the form when they used the infirmary. I was just following the school's rules." Hyerin finally spoke up but her voice sounded very tired.

  "There's also a sign that said that 'students aren't allowed'. You should've told a teacher to go inside and bring the form for you." Red Hulk said and Hyerin sighed. Her mom put her hand on Hyerin's hand.

  "Okay, okay fine." Hyerin sighed. "What's the punishment?" she added.

  "Hyerin-" She cut her mom off.

  "Mom, I'm fine. I'm just tired to talk to these people when they don't even believe me the slightest bit." She deliberately said it out loud.

  "I'm afraid to say that Student Choi Hyerin won't be able to take the midterm exam and her scores will be all deducted to zero." My dad said firmly as Hyerin's mom looked at him in terror.

Hyerin, on the other hand, stood up abruptly from the chair and sighed. "Okay, it's finished so I can go right?" She walked outside the room as her mom followed her. I stood up as well, stared at my dad and ran after Hyerin and her mom.

  "Hyerin ah, why would you accept the punishment when you're not the one at fault?" Her mom grabbed her wrist which stopped her instantly on the spot. Hyerin turned her head to look at her mom with her eyes brimmed with unfallen tears.

  "Mom, this school is giving me so much headache. I don't want to say anything anymore. I'm just so done." She released her wrist from her mom's hand and walked forward leaving her mom standing there dumbfounded.

Students started whispering some false shits and rumors again. Her mom turned back to meet me and she smiled through her tears. I smiled at her back and bowed. She bowed slightly and walked pass me.

I ran forward to Hyerin's direction when the students went inside the classroom since it's time for class. I searched for her everywhere until I realized that she must be at that place again. The school's backyard.

I ran quickly to the school's backyard and saw her sitting in the same position like last time while holding a cigarette in her hand. She woke up from her knees and smoked then I walked to sit next to her.

"You're at it again?" I asked her and she dug her face back to her knees.

  "Everything is stressing me out." She sighed, waking up from her knees in an attempt to smoke again but I grabbed the cigarette from her hand and smoked. I didn't think that it would suffocate me this much. I've never smoked before.

I coughed many times causing her to grab it from my hand and threw it on the ground then she stepped on it. "You can't even smoke." She said and probed her elbows on her knees. Tears started to form in her eyes as she bit her lower lip.

  "I'm sorry, it's my fault that you got into trouble again." I apologized and she turned her face to look at me.

  "Nah, it's not yours. I think I have a lot of haters now." She stifled a fake laugh.

  "What will you do? Studying is your life right? You won't be able to take all exams." I asked her out of curiosity.

  "I'll just go with the flow." She stretched her hands and stood up. "Let's go back to the class." She gave me a fake smile.

I grabbed her wrist to stop her from walking. "Teach me." I thought of the most stupid idea.

  "What?"

  "Teach me the lessons. I'll take the exams and score the highest." I feel determined to do this lmao.

  "Are you sure that you can go from 200th to 1st real quick?" She asked me and I nodded. Then she laughed.

  "Okay, fine. Come to the coffee break room at night and I'll teach you." She agreed and I just smiled back at her, wrapping my arm around her neck.

  "That's my girlfriend~" I whispered next to her ear and she nudged my tummy then ran away quickly.

I didn't go inside the class.

                                  •••

I walked to the CCTV room because I still want to prove that Class Prep didn't do anything wrong.

Ahjusshi knew that I'm the principal's son so he let me go inside and checked the CCTV. There are monitors and lots of screens there. Some of them have just fixed. I clicked on the camera where the teacher's room is located.

The time before the lights went off. I saw Soojung holding her phone then walked pass the infirmary as I stood inside the infirmary, looking at her then shrugged because I think she's just walking to the canteen.

She was being sneaky and looked left and right. I clicked at another camera to see Hyerin walking outside the teacher's office then when she walked back to the infirmary, Soojung noticed her so she hid herself behind a wall.

Hyerin, however, didn't see Soojung. She continued walking until she arrived the infirmary. She had a little conversation with me then the lights went off.

I looked at another camera that showed the hallway to teacher's office and scroll it backward to the time before the lights went off.

There are actually hidden cameras in the teacher's office. Some of them faced to the teachers' desk and some of them faced outside the room.

Again, I clicked at the camera where Soojung was being sneaky.

I wrote the times and the events that happened down on the notes so that I won't get lost.

I finally found it. As expected, she couldn't cause these two problems alone.