vingt quatre : sad teens

Hyerin's POV

School's second semester will be starting tomorrow.

I didn't think that the second and third people would be Namjoon and Hoseok.

Yoongi is okay for a time being but he still doesn't want to go home and meet his parents. So, he's staying over at Jimin's house.

But the problem now is, Namjoon and Hoseok. Why would they even do this kind of thing in the first place? Why is something bad happening to my friends all at once?

Jin and I visited Namjoon and Hoseok in the hospital. Luckily, they both are okay but they should be staying there for a few days.

Taehyung and Jungkook told him what happened but I still didn't know yet. I really want to know but I'm not sure if he's in the mood to tell me that now.

I looked at my wristwatch to see that it's almost 11pm. Jin is still sitting on the same chair, staring at Namjoon as if wanting him to wake up in an instant.

His eyes are all swollen from crying; from having all these bad things happening to his members all at once. I'm actually worried about Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook now.

They wouldn't try to kill themselves too right?

No, they can't. They should never try to do anything stupid. They're still young.

  "Jin ah, let's go back now. You should rest too." I tried to convince him but he remained silent, looking at me.

  "That's right, hyung. I will stay here and look after him." Taehyung said as soft as whispers, his voice is cracking.

Jin stood up from his chair and walked outside the room. I followed him outside to the parking lots.

  "Jin? Can you drive? I'll be driving you home if you can't." I stopped him from walking and took the car's key from his hand slowly.

With that, I drove him home. He probed his elbow on the edge of the car's mirror and looked outside. I saw the shadow of him on the mirror and he's crying silently.

It hurts me to see him in pain.

I really want to know what happened with those two. I just know that there's a fire at a gas station where Namjoon is working at and Hoseok overdosed himself . . . Jungkook found him on time or else . . .

I shook my head to avoid that scene and focused on driving him home.

  "Namjoon," Jin spoke quietly and I listened to him. "He was shocked that Haneul left him." He added, and I grabbed the car's steering wheel hardly.

   "His parents blamed him for not looking after his own sister and he kept staying at his room, composing lyrics without even eating." Jin pressed his lips together.

  "His family is poor. So, as the oldest brother, he would do anything to support the family no matter how hard the task is." He continued with his stuttered voice.

  "The incident hit him real hard to the point where he believes that there's no meaning in life anymore." Jin stopped looking outside through the car's mirror and looked at me.

  "It's my fault. If I didn't ask him to join bangtan, he wouldn't be stuck in his room composing lyrics without even eating, without having the time to look after his sister or working at the gas station. He wouldn't get kicked out in the first place. He wouldn't be depressed until he smoked . . ." Jin stopped speaking.

  "Jin . . ." I said, tears welled up in my eyes.

  "And Hoseok, he's been practicing a lot. He loves dancing. It's his dream to be a dancer but his parents said that he always does useless things. I thought I could save him by letting him join the bangtan as the dancer position and we would cooperate . . . " He added and I breathed out heavily, letting tears rolled down on my cheeks.

"His parents found out that he's still dancing so they were kind of mad. Even though Hoseok told them that he got from the 201th to 4th during midterm exam, they told him back that he cheated. He told Jungkook that his parents never believe him, no matter what he did." Jin wiped his tears away.

"He also asked Jungkook why is it hard to just achieve his dream. His parents told him to have goals in life and when he did, they crushed his goals real hard."

"And just because he couldn't spend more time with his girlfriend, she asked him to break up. His 3 years relationship ended just like that." Jin spoke in a frustrated away. "I m-mean, she could just leave him but why did she even tell him that he's ugly? And why would she tell him that she has another boyfriend at the same time?" Jin ran his fingers through his hair. "Hoseok became very insecured."

I couldn't say any more word. I arrived his house and he got out from the car, walking hopelessly inside. I followed him to the living room. He fell on the couch slowly. His face is pale and his eyes are still swollen. He hasn't been eating.

I went to the kitchen in an attempt to get some water for him but then I heard noises coming from his direction. He threw the pillows that were on the couch to the floor causing the cotton wools to spread everywhere.

He was shouting and destroying everything at the same time. My heart aches and I started crying. He endured so much and he's in extreme pain.

I want to see his cheerful side once again . . .

I rushed to him. "Jin! Stop! Jin!" I grabbed his hand and he released it from me abruptly. I grabbed his hand again, "Jin! Calm down!" I yelled and he stopped.

I looked up to see him looking at me, crying and a few droplets of his tears fell onto my cheeks.

I pulled him into a tight hug and patted his back. "Jin . . . you've been through a lot. It's okay to cry. You don't have to keep it all inside." I comforted him.

He hugged me back hesitantly and quickly. His body was shivering.

"Hyerin . . what should I do now?" He asked me, crying and my heart broke into pieces. "Everyone is in pain because of me . . ." He added.

"Jin, trust me. It's not your fault, you should stop shouldering everything alone. It's hard, it's very hard. You should take a break." I told him and he didn't say anything back.

For a few minutes, I escorted him to his bedroom and looked at him as he fell asleep. I changed the towel from his forehead and went downstairs to prepare the things that he destroyed just now.

I saw a few of the photos on the couch and those are the photos they took together in the music room. They were so happy back then. I didn't think that things would end up like this. In the end, they're all lost souls.

After all, we're just sad teens with happy faces.