quinze : my hero

Hyerin's POV

I made my way back to my dorm as the school's bell rang. Jin skipped class again, for god's sake. Just what is he doing?

Walking along the hallway, whispers started to make once again between freshmen and upperclassmen. I did not dare to listen to those false shits and rumors which only bring me down.

So, I just continued walking to my dorm and prepare the lessons for Jin tonight. Haena is still laying on her bed reading Bleach manga. I think she's finished reading the Fairy Tail one.

I sighed and plopped down on my comfortable bed, not wanting to wake up to take a shower. Haena noticed me so she asked,

"Are you okay?"

"Hell yeah, I am." I sarcastically said as she noticed my tone.

"Seriously, I don't believe that you're the one who did it." She said and I just sighed. I don't know if she's saying the truth but it's nice to know that your roommate didn't think of you as a person who would steal midterm exam paper when teachers aren't around.

"Yeah right, but others don't think the same way." I finally woke up from my bed and grabbed my towel, about to take a shower.

"I'm going to take a shower." I woke up from my bed and saw Haena nodded as a response while watching a video from her phone, laughing.

I walked up to her and watched too. It was a video of Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook playing at the school's hallway.

"Ya, Jimin. You got no jams." Namjoon said to Jimin and those guys laughed. Haena and I bursted out laughing too.

Immediately, the lights went off at that time so the bangtan all shouted, screamed and laughed.

"A UFO is coming. Taehyung's friends are coming." Hoseok teased as Taehyung hit his shoulder.

Then I saw a figure walk pass them. It was quite difficult to see him because the lights were off.

"Hey, did you here footsteps? Is it ghost?" Jungkook shushed and everyone fell silent.

Jimin turned the flashlight from his phone on and put it in front of his face. He started making ghost-like faces that made Hoseok scream successfully. Yoongi couldn't stop laughing to their stupidities and Haena too.

I joined her but then my smile eventually faded. Due to Jimin's flashlight, I could see perfectly who the guy was.

"Haena, can you send this to me?" I asked her and she turned her head to look at me while laughing.

"Okay, sure." She said between her laugh and sent the video to me. I took a shower and went outside to see Soojung with a panicked face.

"Ya, Han Soojung." I called her name as I saw her bitting her nails without looking at me. "Han Soojung!" I yelled and she finally looked at me.

She managed to stop shivering and folded her arms. "W-what?" Her voice's shaken but she tried to look at me and speak.

"What's gotten to you? Are you that cold?" I asked her out of curiosity.

"Do you even have time to be worrying about me?" She asked, irritated.

"You should be proud that I still noticed your existence." I said then she bit her lip, stared at me and eventually left.

I walked to get my books to the coffee break room. People stuffed the room but once they saw me, they whispered and left. I guess I became famous now; everyone is afraid of me.

I sighed and walked to the vending machine; inserted money to get orange juice. I sat back down when I saw Jin walked inside with his backpack and still wrapped in uniform.

"You love school's uniform that much?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"As if. I don't even want to attend school so there's no point in loving anything related to this so-called school." He walked to sit next to me and brought his lap top from his backpack out.

"Why would you even bring your laptop with you?" I inquired. He didn't answer and he just plugged the USB in. He then handed me notes to read.

He's been investigating this whole afternoon without actually attending class. Oh god, why does he have to do this?

He let me look at the videos and I did. So, it's Soojung all along. I don't know what's wrong with this kid seriously.

"There's actually another one but I'm not a hundred percent sure." He said as he clicked another file, revealing Donghoon walking sneakily with face looking down on the floor then left and right.

"I can help you with this." I said, reaching out for my phone in my pocket and showed him bangtan video that I just watched with Haena.

Donghoon was walking to the electricity control room and that's when the lights suddenly went off. Jin watched the entire video with mouth opened.

"So, Donghoon is actually the one who turned the lights off and then Soojung went to get that copy. They somehow discussed with each other to capture any moment between us in order to let the school misunderstood. As the wise Class Prep got caught doing numerous crimes, she's being forced not to take the exam." He spoke in monotone.

"And if the Class Prep didn't take the exam, the one that ranked the second would have higher chance to get the first rank." I said, gritting my teeth to the thought of Soojung's stupid wrongdoings.

"And that's when the almighty hero Kim Seok Jin volunteered to prevent that from happening." He said, smiling. I laughed to his stupidity.

"So, what are you going to do? Report this to the office? We have enough proofs now." Jin turned his lap top off and put it back in his backpack.

I sighed. "Who knows, I don't even have the feelings to take exam anymore and plus, I want to see my hero Kim Seok Jin crawl his way from 200th to 1st too." I teased him. "About this issue, I'll do something after the midterm is over." I added.

"Are you sure you don't want to take the exam?" He gulped and I nodded.

"Okay then. Now let's start teaching your hero." He stretched his arms then brought his notebooks up.

  "Okay, do you know about our civic & moral's homework?" I asked him and he blew the air from his nose, giggling.

"What do you think?" He asked, smiling.

"The entire universe will crumple into pieces if you know."

"Right, that's what I'm trying to say."

"Okay, the question is, what are you most afraid of?" I told him the homework and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Like fear?"

"Yeah, I think so. Your fear. The one that you're most afraid of." I explained and he got into a deep-thinking mode.

"It's a secret."

"What?" I questioned him. "So, you will give that answer to our teacher?" I added.

"Aish, let's move on to the next subject. This one is way too easy." He closed the books quickly and brought math notebooks up.

"Fine, hero Kim Seok Jin."