vingt cinq : disbanded

Jin's POV

I woke up and saw myself laying on my bed with a wet towel on my forehead. I glanced at the clock and realized that it's still 5am, oh gosh what am I doing.

I reached out for my phone and saw texts from jimin, taehyung and jungkook telling me that those 3 are okay. I sighed in relief and got out from my bed.

I saw a stick note on the desk next to my bed; it said "Don't forget to take medicines, and come to school. I'm waiting." I smiled and walked to the bathroom and took a shower.

I stood in front of the mirror and saw a reflection of me with swollen eyes and skinny cheeks. I wonder how many days did I refuse to eat . . .

I prepared my stuffs to go back to school and went downstairs to make breakfast. Just an omelette will be enough, I guess. I took medicines. As soon as I finished, I grabbed my stuffs and took a bus to school.

It's still early, I bet no one is there yet. The entrance was silent and I walked inside, greeting the security guards. I placed my luggages in my room then went to my study dorm.

As expected, the hall is silent. There are a few teachers though. I slid my class's door and saw that the chairs are being cleaned and arranged.

I took a look at the whiteboard's direction and saw Hyerin drawing something on the board.

  "Hey," I said and she looked at me, surprised.

  "Omo, why are you here so early today?" She hid the marker behind her back, asking me. I walked toward her.

  "Are you okay now?" She placed her palm on my forehead, observing me.

  "I'm okay now, thanks to you." I ruffled her hair and she smiled. But her smile is strange.

  "By the way, what are you doing?" I asked her, looking at the board.

  "I'm bored, so I just draw random things." She replied, showing a face of embarrassment.

  "Sounds fun, lemme draw too." I told her and she handed a marker to me. She started drawing again and I did the same.

I ended up writing "헤린" and she saw lmao. "Hey, why are you writing my name instead?" She asked me.

  "I don't know, it's the first thing that came to my mind." I replied and she looked away immediately. She wrote "석진" saying that it's a revenge.

I started drawing stars, and other shapes in geometry. I don't really know how to draw lol. After that, I drew a big heart. Then I connected a line from a heart and started drawing it longer.

To my surprise, my hand bumped with her hand and she was drawing the exact same thing as me.

"Ya, did you copy me?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Ani, you're the one who copied me." She replied and we both smiled.

We kept drawing more until we both realized that it's almost time students will enter the class, we erased all of them.

After a few minutes, our classmates came inside along with our homeroom teacher. The class just feels so strange without those three.

                                 • • •

Finally, it's lunch break. I walked outside the classroom and went to the music room. As I arrived, there's a sign that says "do not enter" but I tore it and went inside.

The floor is dirty and the instruments are covered with pieces of white cloth. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I balled my hands into fists. I really don't get my dad, just when will he stop torturing me.

I sighed, turning the lights on and walked to sit on my usual chair. I dialed the maknae line to come here. They arrived in a few minutes.

  "What in the world happened?" Taehyung exclaimed in surprised as he saw the room.

  "Hyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook came to me.

  "What's all of this?" Jimin asked.

I sighed and stood up from my chair. "Guys, y'all are still young so you should focus on your study." I tapped Taehyung's shoulder.

  "There's no more bangtan."

There's a sharp pain in my throat as I told them that we'll be disbanded. After all the work we've been through, I still chose this way because I don't want to see them in pain.

Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon.

They're suffering because of me. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have started it in the first place. I should stop being a troublemaker.

I walked away feeling bitter about giving up on my dream. Sing, dance, perform, stand on the stage . . .

In the end, I'm just imagining things.

  "Hyung!" They called me but I did not dare to look at them. I don't know how to face them anymore. I'm just a loser.

I went to the rooftop and saw Hyerin standing there alone, looking at the sky. I walked up to her silently and placed my arm around her shoulders.

"What are you doing here alone?" I asked her and she smiled, sighing.

"I don't know, I just want to get some fresh air." She looked back at the ground to see freshmen playing football.

"You are not okay, are you?" I whispered to her ear and she blushed. Seriously she should stop, it turns me on.

"I'm okay." She pinched my cheek then looked back on the ground.

"Come here," I held her hand and leaded her a few centimeters away from the place we stood. I sat down and laid myself down on the floor.

"Don't worry, it's clean." I reassured her so she sat down and laid herself next to me.

"The sky is so pretty." She said, lifting her arm to the air. I did the same. "But you're prettier." I teased her and she chuckled.

"Jin." She turned to look at me and smiled. Her smile seems so fake to me today but it's still pretty no matter what.

"What is it?"

"Will you still love me?" She asked, smiling.

  "Geez, what's with that question?" I woke up from the floor and she did the same. "Of course, I will always, always and always love you." I pinched her cheek and she pulled me into a hug.

  "Thank you, Jin. Me too." She whispered and I hugged her back.