quatre : relieved

Jin's POV

It's lunch break and I got invited by Namjoon to eat lunch together but I just shook my head and drifted back to sleep, letting him go and eat lunch with Yoongi and Hoseok.

The students were so loud that I couldn't sleep but I just rested my head on my desk anyways.

"What?" I heard someone shouted so I jerked up a little to see what's going on. Hyerin and Soojung are still in class.
I realized that Soojung just yelled at Hyerin but she just shrugged and looked away.

Nothing happened. So, I decided to sleep again but then I heard knocks on the classroom's door.

  "Choi Hyerin?" A teacher called Class Prep and she walked outside immediately. Haena followed her.

Now what? It's really awkward whenever I stay in class together with Soojung. I decided to sleep back on my desk.

For a few minutes, I heard stomping coming from her direction. I looked up to see Soojung messing her hair in frustration and she stepped on a blue notebook many times.

She then stopped stepping on it and brought that notebook up. She clenched it tightly and was about to walk outside the classroom.

I walked from my chair in an attempt to go outside to eat lunch. As I reached her place, she got completely startled that she almost shouted. Instead, she let out a big gasp.

  "S-since how long have you been here?" She stammered, hiding the notebook behind her back.

  "A century ago." I replied, putting my hands inside my pockets. "Aren't you going to eat lunch?" I changed the topic.

  "I'm not hungry." She responded.

  "Oh? Okay then." I continued walking to the classroom's door and used my toes to slide it open.

As I arrived the cafeteria, I saw a long row of people waiting for lunch. Oh! There she is. So, the teacher asked her to do this huh?

I took the plate and waited in a line. I looked at her as she spaced out until Haena called her name the third time.

I stifled a laugh. Geez, what was she thinking?

When my turn arrived, I shot her a smile as I gave her my plate. She took it quickly and abruptly from my hand. After that, she gave it back to me.

I looked at the seats in front of me and they're taken. I decided to turn to look at the seats at the back but unfortunately, my food is spilled all over my roommate, Donghoon's shirt.

Even though I apologized, he still pushed my shoulder and wore an angry expression. What the hell is wrong with this asshole all of a sudden?

I couldn't control my temper anymore so I hit him back although I felt hands grabbing my forearm as if telling me not to do this.

Donghoon almost fell on the ground and his lips are stained with blood. He looked extremely pissed. I know that he's going to hit me back so I'm thinking of a way to defend myself.

He ran toward me and about to hit me but . . . he hit Hyerin's cheek instead. She hit her head to the edge of the table and fell on the ground with blood flowing at the corner of her lip. Her cheek got swollen.

I became so hysterical that I knelt down on my knees in an instant. I don't want to get into fights that hurt people around me. Not anymore.

Her eyes are shutting down slowly. Blood is flowing from her head down to her cheek and her lips as well. I became tremulous and my hands went wobbly. I heard whispers and shouts from the students from the other direction but only Haena came, kneeling down to observe her.

I couldn't stand it anymore so I just lifted her up from the ground and helped her to the infirmary. I ignored my surroundings completely and my mind is being focused only one thing in front of me right now.

The moment I've arrived the infirmary, the nurse told me to put her on the bed. She then examined her thoroughly. I couldn't utter a word anymore. My lips pursed and my throat is all dried up.

I looked at my trembling blood-stained hands and my eyes widened as I sat down on one of the chairs. Haena gave me some tissues and I took it from her.
I began wiping the blood away and even though it went off, I felt like it is still lingered on my hands, in my eyes, and it is still flashing inside my head.

For a moment, the nurse came outside the room telling us that she's okay. She doesn't need to be taken to the hospital. My heart lightened up once again but I still felt guilty for hurting her indirectly.

Haena and I went inside the room. There she is, laying on a bed with a bandage wrapped around her forehead and a bandage on the corner of her lips. There are still noticeable bruises on the left side of her cheek.

We sat down beside her bed without saying anything until the bell rang, Haena went back to the classroom. I, who doesn't care about my studies, ditch class again just to stay with Class Prep.

I looked at her and let out a sigh. I'm not sure if it is a sigh of relief or guilt. Perhaps, it's both.

I began walking instead but then I got tired so I sat back down beside her bed. I ran my fingers through my hair heavily then messed my it in exasperation. I trailed my hands down both of my laps harshly and quickly. I think I'm going to die from feeling frustrated and repentant.

Just after I've done messing myself physically and mentally, I noticed her eyes are opening slowly to meet mines. I stood up from my chair hastily to look at her.

"Class Prep? Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere else? Should I call the nurse here?" I asked her in monotone as she tried to wake up from her bed slowly.

I helped her sit down on her bed as she leaned against it for support.

"Do you need water?" I asked her again and she blew air from her nose, giggling.

"Ya! Who are you exactly?" She yelled.

"Oh my goodness, have you lost your memories? Do you still remember me? Do you still remember yourself?" I questioned her one after another.

"My head is made of steel, you know. And yes, I'm still the charming and intelligent Choi Hyerin. You're still the troublesome and annoying freak Kim Seok Jin. Am I right?" She teased me.

I let out a very big sigh of relief, feeling embarrassed. I rubbed the nape of my neck and managed a laugh.

"Aish, you're scaring me to death." I ruffled her hair and she hit my hand.

I felt relieved and happy again because she's okay. I don't like to see someone getting hurt because of me, my wrongdoings, my rude behaviors and my shitty attitudes. Even though I'm stubborn and troublesome sometimes, I still care about people around me - I also have heart.