dix sept : is it okay?

Hyerin's POV

The midterm is finally over. Do they think that I've been doing nothing at all during the midterm period? Haha, think again.

I've been sending the evidences to Soojung herself and Donghoon as well. I want to know their reactions. I showed myself as anonymous though.

If those videos really broke their spirits during the exam then it would make me happy too. Passing exams with cheap tricks like that is unforgivable. I hope that Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Haena will surpass them.

  "Student Choi Hyerin?" our homeroom teacher called me and I came back to my sense.

"Neh, Ssam?" I stood still at the same place as everyone left the classroom.

"Do they know that there'll be field trip tomorrow?" She asked, referring to our classmates.

"Yes, they're all informed." I said firmly and she smiled.

"So, can you please bring the class's budget that you've been collecting just in case we're short on money?" She spoke softly and I nodded. She left the room.

I walked to my locker and opened it in an attempt to take the money. Strangely, my locker is unlocked. I opened the locker in an instant. I searched for the money everywhere and it's nowhere to be seen. I lifted some papers up to see if it's buried down under them but there's not a single soul of that money box.

I became panicked and searched for it everywhere. Everyone already went back to their dorm and I felt like I'm at the study dorm alone but that's not the point. I searched under my desk and everywhere in the class, I still couldn't find them.

I sighed and walked downstairs, wanting to leave the study dorm to another dorm to check if I keep the money on my bed. There, I saw two freshmen talking. They haven't left yet?

I happened to overhear their conversation.

"Kim Seok Jin has really done it again. Right after the midterm."

"Yeah, that troublemaker."

I rushed to them immediately and grabbed their backpacks in order to stop them from walking.

"Hey, what happened to Jin?" I asked, panicked. They looked at me from head to toes, frowned and looked away from me.

"Ya! Didn't you hear what I say?!?" I yelled causing one of them to shout at me.

"Why a class president being so stupid? Plus, you're his girlfriend, aren't you?! For god's sake, he ran out of the school again. You should look after him more!" She yelled at me back and I released my grip from their backpacks.

I ignored them and ran past them in full speed. There wasn't any security guard there so it's better for me. I ran out from the school as the sky became darker and the evening air became cooler.

I searched for him everywhere but he's nowhere to be seen. My fingers are shaking; so does my entire body. I decided to go to another way when I heard groaning from an alley. It was dark and small. I instinctively grabbed a glass bottle on the ground just in case. I walked forward slowly into the darkness until I saw someone sat down on the ground with his back facing the wall.

He was clutching his stomach, bruises on his cheek, and another hand was holding a familiar box. I walked closer; close enough to realize that the person is Jin.

My throat tightened and I dropped the bottle immediately causing it to break. I rushed to him and kneeled down.

"Jin? Jin! Are you okay? Jin?" I shook his body and he slowly opened his eyes to meet mines then smiled. He handed a box which was the box that kept the class money.

"I .. got it back for you." He smiled then coughed. I took the box from him and kept it on the ground.

"Jin, why do you have to do this?" I asked him, wrapping both of my arms around his neck letting his head rest on my shoulder. I started crying when I thought of the moments when he's always been there for me whenever I got into trouble.

I felt his hands hugging me and rubbing my back. That caused my position of kneeling down to actually sat down with him on the ground.

I cried silently; letting the tears fall on my cheeks and I titled my head just close enough to smell his hair. He has that same smell again and it's my favorite. I kissed his hair slightly and unconsciously.

"W-why did you have to do this, seriously?" I rubbed his back slowly and spoke with my cracked voice.

"You're gonna get kicked out for sure if you cause another trouble right?" He asked me.

"Yes, and?" I asked him back.

"That's the reason why I did it for you."

"What?"

"Because I want to be with you." He spoke as soft as whispers then he broke the hug. Our faces are just a few inches apart and we looked at each other without blinking.

I remembered the time when I got punished with him and he also said the same thing, giving me a wide smile. My entire body was shaking, my heart was beating fast and my cheeks became hotter. I was about to stand again in order to avoid staying close to him or else I will die for sure. Instead, he grabbed me by my waist causing me to sit back down as I laid a top of him.

"You blushed again, Class Prep." He whispered.

"I d-didn't!" I stuttered.

"Don't lie." He pulled me closer, looking at my lips as he bit his. "Damn you, I really want you as my real one now."

I pulled away from him quickly, hit him then stood up as I grabbed my backpack and the box.

"Ya, you hit my wounds. Now they're doubled." He yelled as he stood up.

"I thought you couldn't stand!" I stammered then ran away from that alley. I started running to the school and he followed me.

As I arrived at the front gate, I panted then decided to walk inside when suddenly he grabbed my backpack which stopped me instantly on the spot. I turned myself to look at him.

"What now?"

"Aren't you going to cure me?"

"Why are you being a kid all of a sudden?"

With that, he pulled me closer and draped his arm around my neck then whispered, "And that's the reason why you fell this hard for me."

He immediately ran inside first leaving me standing there in front of the school, dumbfounded.

I gripped the lines of my backpack tightly, looked down on the ground and started walking forward.

Hana unnie, is it okay to fall for your heart's nucleus?