trois : blood

Hyerin's POV

  "I wanna be with you though." He said, giving me a wide smile. I frowned.

Geez, what's wrong with him? And what's wrong with me? Don't forget that he's a troublemaker and a playboy.

*ring ring*

After the bell rang, we both started walking to our classroom. The punishment is only one hour so we can go inside the class again in the first break time.

I have to borrow Haena's book to copy the lessons to my notebook. It's all because of him that I can't write my lessons down.

I walked inside the class while some students walked outside to the bathroom or whatever. Luckily, Haena is still there. I walked up to her.

"Haena, what was the lesson for today?" I asked her and she looked up to me.

"How to write essay. And here, the notes." She gave me her notebook and I gladly accepted it.

"I have bad handwritings though. You can borrow Soojung if you want." She continued.

Soojung? Is she kidding me?

"No, that's fine. Why do you think I want to borrow from her?" I replied, smiling. She smiled back as she knew what I mean.

Then, I saw Soojung stood up from her chair abruptly, stared at me and then went outside the classroom. I also stared at her back. Knowing that I've successfully pissed her off makes my day.

"Okay, I'm going to go to the bathroom." Haena stood up, tapping my shoulder and went outside the classroom as well.

I went back to my seat and looked through Haena's note. She's not kidding . . . How am I supposed to look at these letters? It's hard to see even if I wore my glasses.

I kept her notebook and my notebook back in my desk then I took out my biology book for the next session. I noticed Jin walked into the classroom, putting his hand in his pockets. He's still hasn't respected the school's rules.

I stared at him and he looked at me startled. "Arrasso arrasso." He took out his hands from his pocket and started removing his earring, buttoning his shirt, rolling his sleeves down and tucking in his shirt.

  "Satisfied now?" He gave me a glare and walked to his seat. I looked away and started reading my book instead.

For a few minutes, our teacher came inside. Students started to fill in the classroom. And we started studying.

*Lunch Break*

Some of the students shuffled outside the class because it's lunch break. I took a quick look to see who are still in class. Soojung is looking at biology textbook and her face is frustrated. Our eyes met.

  "What?" She shouted to me and I shrugged, looking away. I noticed Jin leaning on his desk that's at the back next to the window. I averted my eyes back to see Haena standing up.

I took out her notebook and my notebook from my desk in an attempt to write down the lessons. Unluckily, a teacher knocked on the door.

  "Choi Hyerin?"

  "Neh?" I stood up.

  "I need your help in the cafeteria. Please come with me."

  "Neh neh." I ran from my desk suddenly then my notebooks fell down on the floor. "Haena, can you pick this up for me-"

  "Hurry up, Hyerin." I ignored my notebook and Haena's notebook that fell on the floor and followed the teacher to cafeteria.

When I arrived there, I saw a very long row of students waiting for lunch. Teacher told me that she needed me to offer the lunch to those students. I agreed and started doing what she told me.

I noticed Jin walking inside the cafeteria and started queuing up. He's not sleeping? And where is Soojung? Does she care so much about biology lessons even than her health?

  "Class Prep? Class Prep!" I snapped back to reality and saw Haena giving me her plate. I put the foods for her.

Finally, it's Jin's turn. He smiled at me, offering his plate. I took it from his hand and put the foods for him.

The next person whose name is Donghoon who's Jin's roommate started giving me his plate with an unsatisfied look on his face.

Something happened that caused an uproar inside the cafeteria.

Jin walked in the wrong direction so the soup is splashed all over Donghoon's uniform.

  "I'm sorry, it was an accident." Jin apologized but Donghoon pushed his shoulder hardly but not hard enough for Jin to fall down.

I saw Jin gritting his teeth. No . . Don't start the trouble again. Shit, these runts!

I rushed immediately from my place to stand next to Jin. I grabbed his forearm but too bad, Jin has already released his forearm from my hands and hit Donghoon. I fell on the floor.

Donghoon almost fell on the ground. He wiped the blood from his lips, staring at Jin with every seriousness he's got. He clenched his fist tightly and ran to Jin's direction.

I really want to stop these guys before Red Hulk comes inside. I know that Red Hulk is going to come to the cafeteria to check the students but please not now . . .

I stood up from the floor and walked to stand in front of Jin.

  "Guys, stop!" I yelled.

And then, all I could hear is the voices and shouts of students from another direction. They're in panicked. My head hurts. My vision became blurry.

I noticed that I've fallen on the ground and hot red liquid is flowing from my head and my lips.

I got hit . . . ?

  "Ya! Class Prep? Class Prep! Ya! Ya!" I heard someone called my name, shaking my body lightly but my eyes are shutting down and my head hurts so much.

Then I felt like I've been lifted up from the floor. Jin? I felt so weak and I felt like I'll be unconscious at any time soon.

My cheek hurts so much. I felt like I'm drinking my own blood. I choked and coughed out blood because it tasted bad. Now it reminded of the time that I really want to become a vampire when I was a kid.

I'm such a fool.