vingt trois : my fault

Jin's POV

"Hyung ... Yoongi hyung is in the hospital. The f-fire at the hotel.." Jimin told me with his hoarse voice and I stood up from the couch immediately.

Hyerin grabbed my hand and asked me what's wrong but my mouth refused to speak, instead my tears fell down like a river.

She released my hand, so I started walking outside the house. Hyerin followed me but she didn't say a word. I hopped inside a car and drove to the hospital's direction.

I couldn't even drive straight but I managed to calm down when she said, "Take it easy, Jin. Don't cry."

I performed a deep-breathing exercise and told her, "Y-Yoongi is in the hospital. He was in t-t-that hotel." I said shakily.

Her eyes widened and tears started to well up as well. She wiped them away and didn't say anything either.

I arrived the hospital and saw many casualties being transported from the ambulance to the operation room. I ran inside and saw Jimin sitting on the floor, hands running through his hair.

  "Jimin." I called out and he looked at me with eyes brimmed with unfallen tears.

  "Hyung .." He stood up and wiped his tears that lingered in his eyes away. "Noona..." He added.

  "How's he right now?" I managed to ask him and he laid his back to the wall, sighing.

  "I don't know... The doctor hasn't come out yet." He told us and we all sighed.

For a few hours, the doctor came out and Hyerin ran to her immediately.
"Mom, how's he?" She asked her.

Mom?

"Oh, Hyerin. And you must be the patient's friends right?" She asked us and we nodded. "He's okay for a time being but he shouldn't leave the hospital yet." She added and we asked her if we could go inside. She agreed.

I strolled inside to see Yoongi laying on the bed with bandages surrounded almost every part of his body. He got burned, but I have no idea what really happened.

Jimin and Hyerin sat down beside him.
"Where's the rest of us?" I asked Jimin and he looked at me.

  "I couldn't reach Namjoon hyung and Hoseok hyung. Taehyung and Jungkook will be here soon." He said softly and tiredly.

  "What happened, exactly?" I asked Jimin and he sighed. Tears rolled down on his face as he tried to wipe them away.

  "I'm so stupid," He cupped his face with his hands. "I should've noticed earlier, he told me like everything and I asked him if he was okay; he said yeah. B-but, I should've known that he isn't." He stuttered.

  "You know that he loves being with the bangtan right?" He asked and I nodded.

  "He also loves his friends." He added.

  "He loves rapping." He continued, and I couldn't stop my tears from falling.

  "But his dad is against it all. Yoongi hyung told me that it's not easy to become the person you want to be." He stammered.

  "His parents only care about the family's reputation so they expect a lot from him. They never even once asked if he was okay, or agree with his dream job." Jimin sobbed and I comforted him.

  "So he only had Haneul noona with him. But, she left him. The love of his life left him. She was diagnosed with lung cancer." Jimin cried and I patted his back.

"N-namjoon's sister? Haneul?S-she?" I was shivering too much. I couldn't believe this. I really can't believe this. Jimin nodded as a response.

I looked at Hyerin and she was tearing up. I breathed out heavily, not wanting to cry but tears have already fallen out like rainfalls.

I felt as if all of this is my fault. I'm so stupid, I'm so selfish. I just want other people to join with my stupidity, to be singers with me. To stand on the same stage.

I never once realized what others' problems are or understand their family's situation. And I also know that students in this school all have problems with their families, their loved ones, and themselves.

And yet ... I'm just standing here forcing people to agree with my foolish ideas which only damages their future. I should've known that Yoongi was faking a smile. I should've at least asked him if he was okay.

He's so secretive as always, he left me feeling like a fucking retarded hyung who couldn't even save his own members.

"Kim Haneul?" Hyerin asked and Jimin looked at her with eyes widened before nodding. "I'm sorry .. my mom failed to save her." She sobbed and I comforted her.

I didn't think that things would turn out to be like this . . .

For a moment, Taehyung and Jungkook bursted inside the room with panicked faces.

"W-what's going on here?" Taehyung looked shocked, walking toward us with Jungkook.

"Is Yoongi hyung okay?" Jungkook looked at Yoongi, tears falling down.

"He's okay, but the doctor said he shouldn't leave the hospital yet." Jimin told them and they breathed out heavily.

"A-and when is he going to wake up?" Taehyung asked, crying.

  "I don't know..." I replied and we all sighed.

I really don't get this. I really hate this school. There were a lot of suicides in the past. I didn't think that this time, it would happen to one of my bestest friends. Luckily, he's okay.

Don't step into the adults' world, it's too dangerous.

But we all ended up stepping into that world full of craps and people that only care about their reputation.

Everything is all my fault.