Chapter 9

Niall's POV  

I held her hand. It felt like she was dying right in front of me. Her eyes closed, her features softened, but the warmth in her hand was still there. I blink hoping she would return to the overwhelmed Samantha, instead of this lifeless one. A warm streak rolls down my cheek not bothering wiping it away. Instead another hand wipes away the stray away tear. I look up to see Melissa smiling down at me with her left hand on my right shoulder.

" You boys care about her don't you?" she looks at me then looks at the rest of the lads. We all nod. This was so weird we don't know her but I can't have anything bad happen to her. I caused enough shit already and seeing I put this much stress on a gal. I can't bere it. I feel so guilty.  I mean again, yeah we don't know her. Somehow Harry does....

"You know her? Any of you?"

"I know her from somewhere but I can't think of when or where" Harry responded

"Yeah by the way Harry, how do you just do that? Say you know the girl then basically flip the whole thing around saying you might know her, just confusing her even more!" I spat the venom of this situation, he just really pissed me off. Well I'm not that angry with him I'm more angry at myself I just hate this pit in my stomach.

"Niall, I was trying to say she seemed awfully familiar! Thats all" Harry argued. I just nodded shrugging the subject off.

"So when will she leave here?" Louis asked trying to ease the tension building in the room.

"Well on Friday she is free to go but, you see we can't release her alone. Well we could but it's not recomended, she needs guidance. We still don't know how she will manage alone." 

"Could we look after her?" Liam speaks up.

"Well that's fine by me I just need permission from the hospital. Seeing she has no family around or friends, I see no problem with that." She said with a smile on her lips looking at her clipboard. Did she just say Samantha has no family... or friends. What did this girl do in her life?

"Wait, what do you mean by no family or friends? How do you know that?" I asked

"Oh well we recieved information on her with our records, emergency contact number from the hotel, and my husband's help."

"Who's your husband?"

"He owns a run down private investagator buisness, he doesn't do much now so now he will be doing this as a favor for me" 

"Oh well what did you mean again?" 

"Oh right, well when we called her hotel, The Novotel. We asked for her emergency information. All that they could give us was her email and name, since she payed with cash we had no hold of her credit cards. Strangely she has no cell phone, and she wouldn't give the hotel her other information. Our records gave us a lot more results about her once we had he full name. Samantha Isis Beecher, her parents died when she was six in a car crash. Only her brother Justin and her survived. When her brother was adopted and she wasn't. The county moved her to Cheshire at 13."

"Hey Harry! Isn't that where you from?" Louis asked. Maybe he does know her after all. I look back at the girl's face. She seems so innocent. She has a few scars, nobody's perfect. It's strange I haven't noticed them at all till now. But she looks like she's holding back and she doesn't even understand it. I want to know her story, how Harry is involved in it. What effect he had on her, it would be rather amusing if he was as big as a flirt then like he is now.

I wish she could open her eyes. I know she is only asleep but it feels like she won't ever wake up. The others keep talking as my eyes travel down her shoulder to her wrist. She had braceletes, many of them. There was on in paticular that stood out to me. It was a white leather braided bracelete that fit loosely around her wrist. It appeared ages old, and had a red mark on the outside of it. I furrowed my eyes bows this was clearly not supposed to be here.