Chapter 15

Sam's Pov

Maple syrup oozed out onto my tongue, gratifying my senses as my teeth sunk into it the soft piece of the pancake. These were the best pancakes I've ever had. I've hadn't had a complete breakfast in a long time. The hospital food was frozen hash-browns, that were microwaved, eggs that were funky all around the stench and color just wasn't appealing, and the bacon wasn't exactly cooked. Melissa never gave me my breakfast, other nurses did but they didn't care.

This meal was something I'll never take for granted, that's for sure. The boys, at the table, were having their own conversation. Which I didn't mind at all, honestly I was glad I wouldn't have to participate vocally. My mind was still whirling with unanswered questions. Main being: where did I get that cash flow?

"Sam," Niall's voice, at the end of the table, called me out of my thoughts. "can you pass the syrup?" Nodding I reach over to hand off the maple dressing to Niall. Sitting back down I soon realized they are dressed and I am not. All in dark jeans and a random t-shirt, with their hair all styled. Whilst I am still in the clothes they gave me yesterday. Or am I borrowing them?

Where did I get that money? Why is it in American dollars, and not pounds? I could run away with it. But why would I do that, if I had a roof over my head at the moment? Also if I had this cash why didn't use it earlier? I haven't told any of them about it. The boys are talking about their families. Apparently Louis' the mama's boy; what ever that means.

They all have siblings as well. I did too except mine isn't contactable. Is he dead or did he go through the same events as me? Is his file just as empty as mine? Maybe i'll find out some day. Hopefully I will because I hate being in this mystery, without knowing an ounce of information and what the mystery is about.

"You sleep well last night Sam?"

I spent the whole night in that guest room. I kept rolling around underneath the blankets. The bed was comfortable for sure, and even luxurious, but I kept having this fear that was so far convoluted so deep in my system that just wouldn't want allow me to sleep.

I had my body squirm into so many positions in an attempt to distract myself from my thoughts that I would be kidnapped in my sleep. I've read from a random diary entry last night and it scared me shit less. Maybe I should start reading chronologically so it would make more sense but , I didn't even want to read one anymore after last night.

April 12, 2010

Remember the first entry I put in was when I was seven? Remember when I was fifteen and 'in love'? Well, I'm still fifteen.

Now in this moment I'll remember how much of an idiot I was. That 'lover' of mine has been hunting me down for the past two months. I'm scared that he'll never stop also. Right now i'm in this out house. Sad huh? Sitting on this toilet writing out my feelings. I have nobody to talk to. Justin's gone, my family's gone, and I had to leave Rebecca.

One day I'll have my Sweet 16 which won't be too sweet. I have no one. I just don't know how I'm going to recover. I'm scared. I'm in this forest I'm alone. Hopefully I'm going to enroll my self back into school. Hopefully I can start fresh.

I think there is a camp sight near hear because I smell a barbecue going on at the moment. I'm starving. Maybe I'll be able to steal some of their food or just ask them.

-

I'm back. There was nobody here. That smell was actually that out house. It was him! I know it was. He tried to burn down this one area where I felt safe. I bet you can smell the ashes off these pages. I don't know why I'm still writing honestly. There's no one who cares. Jake wanted me burned alive. Dead. That's what I was going to be. I should contact the police. I know I should but I can't. Why? Jake's father is the police. That's how Jake is tracking me. He has access to the equipment to do so. I just wish I knew why this was all happened to me.