Ms Tomboy And The Missing Vanilla Ice Cream

#NotEdited

Zeeniya

I glanced over at my watch, a little after ten, fifteen minutes late, huh. I hope Nayal don't fret over it (like I care about him).

As I stepped out of the cemetery, a chill ran throughout my body. I should have worn a jacket. London's weather is so unpredictable!
I stuffed my hands in my hoodie's pockets and with clattering teeth walked over to Ninja. As I took the U turn, a black Jeep came into view in the deserted street. It was parked right outside the cemetery a while ago. I ignored the slight strand of fear rising in me and took a deep breath.

A few minutes later, I stationed Ninja across the diner Nayal asked me to meet. Standing near the zebra crossing, waiting for the signal to turn red, I squinted my eyes to peek inside the diner. It was a cheap one with extra greedy food. The exterior would easily traced back to Winston Churchill's time. But from inside, the lights made the interior look bearable. A few pictures ever hung on the flaky-painted walls. It was empty, except for two old ladies, who were most probably playing cards and two of the waiters were cleaning the tables.The street was deserted, a car or two rarely passed by.

Dani knocked on my bedroom door last night, it was almost
3 am. Don't ask me why I was up, highlights of Germany vs Argentina Fifa14 were on. And as a football fan I was obliged to watch. As I opened the door for him, he stepped in wearing an old bath robe with a blotches of ice cream all over it. A few bits of crisps and pretzels were also decorating the robe.

"Now I finally know who ate my Vanilla ice cream." He ignored me and slumped down on the bean bag. My vanilla ice cream went missing from the fridge a few days ago.

"I thought you like blueberry."
No answer.

"If you are here to practice your Buddha posture than you better get out. I have an interesting match going on."

"Zeeniya did Nayal say anything about Jo?"

"Nope." I answered popping the 'p'.

"Shit!" He puched his hand on the aside of the bean bag.

"Filter!" I threw the miniature football at him.

"What? Shut up! You can't even imagine what I'm going
through!"

"Dani have you lost every bit of faith? There is someone up there who loves you more than 70 mothers. Can you just not give up yet! I know who you must feel but just honestly tell me, are you praying regularly? What was the last time you opened the Holy Quran? I don't want the answers. You do. How can you even think that Allah will help you when you yourself are not seeking out Him?"

For a few seconds he stayed idle, staring at the television which was playing a random commercial.

His face was black with the dark circles resembling mine. His brown hair were getting long almost reaching to the bottom of the ears.

I didn't mean to make him feel guilty but as his sister I reckon that it's my responsibility to guide him towards the best. I'm very well aware that I'm not even close to perfect but that's the least I could do for him.

A few minutes later, he stood up and went outside. And I could vet that I heard a little 'thanks', not that I was dying for it (okay, maybe I was).

~*~

As soon as the signal turned yellow, I stepped a bit forward, ducking my head from left to right. Although there weren't any car in the radius but it's better to be safe than sorry.

When the signal pinged red, I padded on the road. In a blink of a second, I felt as if lightening struck. A massive force came from my right and I felt as if millions of needles pierced in my whole body.

Suffocation.

Pain.

Silence.

Darkness.

Loneliness.

'Hey princess.'

Mum.

She stood there, in the black dress. The one she wore at her 40th birthday. Her blue eyes shining brightly like Sirius in a dark night. Her ombre hair swaying with the wind.

"Don't give up yet."

I can't breathe.

'I love you.'

Am I dead?

'Talk to someone, ZeBo. Don't blame yourself. Let it all out, CookieCrumb.'

Her smile.

Air.

I need air. I squeezed my eyes shut, escaping the nightmare I was a part of.

Is this how death feels like?

35 or more comments and the next chapter will be updated tonight InshaAllah.